AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hang on little tomato
Posted by: billb
Date: May 20, 2017 11:28AM
[www.youtube.com]

tomato: Lizzano

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hang on little tomato
Posted by: Don C
Date: May 20, 2017 12:21PM
That will be on your squirrels watch lists from now until the day prior to your planning to pick it.
Date: May 20, 2017 01:34PM
Don C
That will be on your squirrels watch lists from now until the day prior to your planning to pick it.
:-) (that I know of) Never had trouble with squirrels staeling or biting into tomatoes, nor birds. Did have a dog that would sneak one every now and then though.

The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 20, 2017 02:24PM
Greenhouse action there? Income supplementation?

You can legally grow six plants (six or twelve, I forget..) now.
Date: May 20, 2017 02:54PM
mrbigstuff
Greenhouse action there?

Yes. Just a little polycarbonate 7x9.5. I have a couple Lizzano cherry tomatoes in 5 gallon buckets that should be out on the patio but they sure do like the heat. Interestingly ( or not ) that particular one I planted in a one gallon pot early on just to see how it would be affected and although it is not as big as the ones that got put in 5 and 7 gallon containers later on, has the first blossoms set.

Income supplementation?
Not really, just grow your own fresh. I do grow far too much and the extra goes to several of the local food pantries. Just a tiny drop in their huge bucket of need. Hopefully some local grown goods in some kids bellies instead of macaroni and cheese.

You can legally grow six plants (six or twelve, I forget..) now.
One of my nieces' husband (wanted some jalapeno and habanero plants ) has mentioned the same. I don't think so. Although I might consider trying it for family or friend that had a real good bona fide medical need. Certainly not for myself or greed, but I really don't know how much money is in it. Maybe I should check it out . LOL

[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 20, 2017 09:22PM
For years, I saved a bunch of garage door windows with the thought of having some cold frames, but never did it as there were little feet in the house. Now there are balls of all types in the back yard so I still have not done it. I like the mini hoop house idea more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020