advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK, Twitter DOES have some uses....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2017 02:50PM
Back in April we bought a schmancy Samsung French Door refrigerator for the house. Mrs. cbelt3 loved it, and therefore I paid over $2K for it.

The Home Depot installation crew carried it in (really.. freaked me out.. no dollies.. strap thing between two young men) And the problems began. Because the ice maker is poorly designed, and freezes SOLID if you don't scrape the partially melted ice off the bottom every other day. Yeah... poor insulation / cold air flow. So after two service calls and no solution, I emailed Home Depot. Then I emailed Samsung with the same calm expressions of frustration and engineering details of the design defects. Waited a few weeks, and then I recorded a youtube video calmly discussing and demonstrating the problems. And then...

I tweeted it to the world, referencing Samsung. And Samsung responded the SAME DAY. And Home Depot responded too !

We will see what happens. I WANT them to redesign the ice maker and fix their problem. OR swap the fridge out for a better design. Either way. It's a good refrigerator, except for the ice maker. Still... it's kind of amazing (to me) that they responded that quickly.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, Twitter DOES have some uses....
Posted by: bik
Date: July 10, 2017 02:56PM
Sometimes an audience makes all the difference, as sad as that may be.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 10, 2017 03:39PM
cbelt3
The Home Depot installation crew carried it in (really.. freaked me out.. no dollies.. strap thing between two young men)

I've used those moving straps in the past to move a HEAVY washing machine. I'd seen these on a infomercial and would never have purchased them for myself, but I received these as a gift. I was amazed to find that they work really well!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 10, 2017 03:59PM
My fridge arrived the same way. Two guys with some straps. If it had been a sleeping baby, it wouldn't have woken up.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 10, 2017 03:59PM
I use those straps all the time. I too was surprised by how well they worked.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 10, 2017 05:00PM
We have 311 for calling in stuff like garbage piles and leaking fire hydrants and such. You can call and hope they respond, email and hope they respond, or Tweet and watch the crew arrive to deal with it.

Posted by: Golfer
Date: July 10, 2017 06:08PM
That's the way my daughter finally got her cable internet fixed. Repeated phone calls did nothing, one little tweet and someone called her within 30 mins and was at the apartment 2 hours later.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: July 10, 2017 06:39PM
Yes, Samsung is quite sensitive these days.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: July 10, 2017 06:40PM
Wow. I have respect for twitter now. Sad these jerk companies act like that.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 11, 2017 01:53AM
Social Media works.
GM fixed an issue and got back to us ASAP and so did another company.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015