advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
triskaidekaphobia?!....the next 'Doctor Who' [ 13th Doctor ] will be revealed very soon....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 14, 2017 01:41PM
....on Sunday after the Men's Wimbledon finals....

‘Doctor Who’: 13th Time Lord To Be Revealed After Sunday’s Wimbledon Final

.....Peter Capaldi just wrapped his last regular season as the 12th Time Lord after announcing in January that he would be exiting the Doctor Who role. He still has the Christmas Special to come — and a final appearance at Comic-Con this month — but Whovians who’ve been chomping to learn the identity of the next actor to helm the TARDIS will get their answer on Sunday. BBC One said today that all will be revealed following the men’s final of Wimbledon.

Exclusive News: It’s Almost Time. #DoctorWho pic.twitter.com/oZvWERhyBL
— BBC One (@BBCOne) July 14, 2017

We hear there is a very good chance the new Time Lord will be joining the Doctor Who panel in Comic-Con’s huge Hall H along with Capaldi, exiting showrunner Steven Moffat and others.

The next season of Doctor Who will usher in much change. Along with Capaldi’s departure, Moffat is bowing out and handing over the reins to Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall. Is that a clue to the new Doctor? BBC America president and GM Sarah Barnett told Deadline in February that Broadchurch star — and former Time Lord himself — David Tennant has said he thinks it should be his Broadchurch partner Olivia Colman.

Barnett at the time said, “I think, honestly, just the buzz, the conversation, the speculation, the crazy, spontaneous celebrity and non-celebrity fans auditioning online for who will be the next Doctor is a testament for how this show and franchise lives in pop culture and how real and meaningful it is. So we’re looking forward to watching, and maybe prodding, and stimulating all of the conversation with our fan base around the change that’s going on with Doctor Who.”

Capaldi became the 12th actor to play Doctor Who in the sci-fi series when he took over the role from Matt Smith in 2013. Along with Smith, Tennant and Christopher Eccleston, he’s the fourth Doctor since the Beeb relaunched the series in 2005.

Speaking about his departure earlier this year, Capaldi said, “I’m always someone that did different things. I’ve never done one job for three years before and I feel it’s time for me to move on to different challenges.”

He added, “One of the greatest privileges of being Doctor Who is to see the world at its best… From our brilliant crew and creative team working for the best broadcaster on the planet, to the viewers and fans whose endless creativity and generosity and inclusiveness points to a brighter future ahead. I can’t thank everyone enough. It’s been cosmic.”

you all will know...............soon.............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2017 01:42PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: triskaidekaphobia?!....the next 'Doctor Who' [ 13th Doctor ] will be revealed very soon....
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 14, 2017 02:50PM
Cue The Who: "Talkin' 'bout my re-re-re-re-generation..."
Re: triskaidekaphobia?!....the next 'Doctor Who' [ 13th Doctor ] will be revealed very soon....
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: July 14, 2017 03:55PM
Just cranking through those regens. In the original show, by series 11 they were still a year away from 3 regenning into 4. 13 is supposed to be the last but getting around that has been addressed for other characters already so no biggie.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 14, 2017 04:04PM
Are they going to be brave enough to reincarnate into a woman?
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: July 14, 2017 05:02PM
sekker

As long as she's ginger...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 14, 2017 06:02PM
sekker
I'd put a ten spot on "yes".
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: July 14, 2017 06:11PM
Paul F.
sekker

Well done!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 14, 2017 08:05PM
Paul F.

and has Gilligan as her sidekick?

She'd show those Daleks a thing or two!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 15, 2017 07:50AM
Ha! There's some buzz that the reveal being billed as after Wimbledon's 'Mens' Final' is a hint that the new Doctor will be a woman.

I love the interwebs. emoticon_love
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 15, 2017 10:23AM
Given that David Tennant's Doctor regenerated back into himself in one two-part episode, it would be quite amusing if Capaldi's Doctor regenerated back into David Tennant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015