advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $152.09 ( +1.82 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Will the person who abandoned a drone on top of a Mormon temple please reclaim their property?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 14, 2017 06:23PM
Looks like a pretty big drone. You can see the abandoned drone on the base of the spire.

[www.ksl.com]

Info on the drone model [www.pcmag.com]
If you were wondering what the LDS Temple is all about: [www.lds.org]

SALT LAKE CITY — A drone stuck near the top of the LDS temple in Draper has put a tiny spotlight on the intersection of drone pilots, private entities, cities and the federal government.

Drew Armstrong often flies drones — or unmanned aerial vehicles — on the outskirts of temple grounds to photograph LDS temples. He said he was flying near the perimeter of the Draper Utah Temple grounds on June 26, when someone who identified himself as the temple's site manager approached him. The man asked him to fly over and get a visual of where a drone was stuck near the top of the temple's steeple, Armstrong said. It is presumed that the drone, which has been sitting near the top of the temple for weeks, had crashed.

In his Facebook comment, Armstrong mused stated, “The poor guy who crashed his Yuneec Typhoon up there is going to have to pay $10K or something to have scaffolding put up to get it down.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2017 06:59PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will the person who abandoned a drone on top of a Mormon temple please reclaim their property?
Posted by: rob banzai
Date: July 14, 2017 07:49PM
Send a drone to get it!

I'll see you again... when we are both like golden clouds on the wind.
Re: Will the person who abandoned a drone on top of a Mormon temple please reclaim their property?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 14, 2017 07:55PM
rob banzai
Send a drone to get it!

My first thought, too.
==
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: July 14, 2017 08:07PM
pRICE cUBE
“The poor guy who crashed his Yuneec Typhoon up there…”

Probably an agent of the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 14, 2017 08:32PM
pRICE cUBE
In his Facebook comment, Armstrong mused stated, “The poor guy who crashed his Yuneec Typhoon up there is going to have to pay $10K or something to have scaffolding put up to get it down.”

If the guy registered with the FAA and put his number on the hull, yeah.

Otherwise, $10k ain't worth it to get your $2k drone back.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: July 14, 2017 08:33PM
rob banzai
Send a drone to get it!

No, drones are only good for one thing.
I think this looks like a job for a worker or even a queen.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 14, 2017 08:42PM
LOL
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 15, 2017 12:03AM
Mormons drink free!

----

[www.fakesteve.net]
Posted by: billb
Date: July 15, 2017 10:32AM
Why can't it just stay there like any other dead bird ?
Maybe on a real windy day it will slide off and then it can be recycled.
God willing of course.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: Acer
Date: July 15, 2017 01:28PM
If it's someone living in those McMansions in the background, I'm thinking he wouldn't miss the $2k. Or maybe even the $10k.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: July 15, 2017 01:31PM
I'd just send another drone up there with a hook on it.

Posted by: max
Date: July 15, 2017 06:18PM
Onamuji

[www.digitaltrends.com]
Posted by: billb
Date: July 16, 2017 07:12AM
Onamuji
Would a drone with object detection/avoidance even be able to get that close to the spire ?
Even with rotor protection could you bump the spire without losing control ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Date: July 16, 2017 10:21AM
billb
Onamuji
Would a drone with object detection/avoidance even be able to get that close to the spire ?
Even with rotor protection could you bump the spire without losing control ?

Not sure why you're thinking that way. Why would I bump the spire?

Without a hook, I'd bump the dead drone, try to brush it off the building.

With a hook, I'd try to sweep the hook onto the other drone. Would probably send them both tumbling off of the ledge as drones are not made for an imbalanced load like that.

Either way, problem solved.

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 16, 2017 01:06PM
Look, just find someone with an anti gravity belt, let them gently float up to the drone, then have them snatch it off. Problem solved.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Date: July 16, 2017 02:49PM
Rick-o
Look, just find someone with an anti gravity belt, let them gently float up to the drone, then have them snatch it off. Problem solved.

How did I not think of that?! Of course, it's a feature built into the magic underwear!

Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 16, 2017 06:06PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015