advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
D23 Expo: teaser trailers revealed 'The Last Jedi' Behind the Scenes [ w/Carrie Fisher ]......'A Wrinkle in Time'.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 15, 2017 06:21PM
......released @ D23 Expo....

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Behind-Scenes Footage: Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley & More – D23

.....Behind-the-scenes footage of Star Wars: The Last Jedi was unveiled today at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, CA, including some poignant images of the late Carrie Fisher. Director Rian Johnson presented the clip and introduced surprise on-stage appearances by actors Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro.

The behind-the-scenes footage shows on-set cast footage as well as some special effects treats. Characters old and new make appearances, none more powerful than Princess Leia, as Fisher is at first seen, briefly and silently, in costume. Then, at the end, we hear her speak.

“It’s about family,” Fisher says near the end, “and that’s what’s so powerful about it.” She then gives a little salute, breaking hearts all over again.

The familiar robots are here, along with some new creatures, most intriguingly the mechanical skeleton of what looks to be some sort of canine thingy (at about the 1:08 mark).

A purple-wigged Laura Dern makes an appearance as the new character Vice Admiral Holdo, Oscar Isaac plants a lip-smacker on Fisher’s cheek, Adam Driver practices his saber skills and John Boyega joshes about writer/director Rian Johnson’s less-than-perfect Wookie sounds.

“Even though I think I know it all,” Hamill says at one point, “they throw things at me story-wise that I never could have imagined.”

Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits theaters December 15, 2017, and carries the logline: “An epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.”

'The Last Jedi'.....behind the scenes teaser.......?!

‘A Wrinkle In Time’: Disney Unveils First Trailer For Adaptation Of Classic Book — D23

.....D23 attendees were treated to the first teaser trailer for the highly anticipated A Wrinkle in Time starring Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Chris Pine, and newcomer Storm Reid. The adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s classic novel also stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael Pe?a, Levi Miller, Deric McCabe, André Holland, Rowan Blanchard, and Zach Galifianakis.

The epic adventure takes audiences across dimensions of time and space, examining the nature of darkness versus light and ultimately, the triumph of love.

The trailer, which premiered at the D23 expo, establishes a distinct tone and look from director Ava DuVernay. Set to a cover of the Eurythmics’ “Sweet Dreams”, it starts with a bearded Dr. Alex Murry (Pine), explaining travel through space and time. Mrs. Which (Winfrey) explains how he has accomplished something great and also dangerous, as he has been captured. Now it’s up to Megan (Reid) to help rescue him.

We then see the collapse of a forest as the world snaps in two, as well as flashes of Kaling, Witherspoon, and Winfrey in ornate costumes. From there are snippets of action sequences and eventually cuts to a Stepford Wives-type nightmarish neighborhood before showing children running from catastrophe, concluding with Mrs. Which saying “The only thing faster than light is darkness.”

DuVernay’s adaptation certainly seems epic and promises to bring to life the fantastical adventure from the book.

A Wrinkle in Time is slated to open in theaters March 9, 2018.

'A Wrinkle in Time'......teaser......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 06:22PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: D23 Expo: teaser trailers revealed 'The Last Jedi' Behind the Scenes [ w/Carrie Fisher ]......'A Wrinkle in Time'.......
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: July 15, 2017 07:44PM
nice - thanks for posting! smiley-sw018
Re: D23 Expo: teaser trailers revealed 'The Last Jedi' Behind the Scenes [ w/Carrie Fisher ]......'A Wrinkle in Time'.......
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 16, 2017 05:37AM
Disney also showed a teaser (but did not release it yet) for The Lion King remake showing the CGI Simba. It also showed a short snippet of the Dumbo remake being directed by Tim Burton. There are live action remakes for Aladdin (the cast was announced) and Mulan on the horizon as well.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: tenders
Date: July 16, 2017 09:36AM
"It's a WRAP!" - Admiral Ackbar, trailer final line, nice touch
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 16, 2017 09:53AM
These live action remakes are an abomination. There's not a thing wrong with any of the animated originals, certainly nothing that needs to be "fixed" with a metric buttload of CGI.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 16, 2017 10:26AM
.....Disney loves to 'milk' their franchises....they turned animation classics to Broadway shows......now to milk it further, they announced a few years ago, live action remakes of classics.......rather than take a chance on developing new, original stuff that may or may not work, they prefer to milk what they already have.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015