advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $154.15 ( -1.92 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
i thought my phone was broken for about a month but it was just on do-not-disturb
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 15, 2017 07:44PM
n/t

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: i thought my phone was broken for about a month but it was just on do-not-disturb
Posted by: rob banzai
Date: July 15, 2017 07:53PM
Hahah

It's like at work when someone complains that their phone isn't ringing and it's because they turned the ringer down to zero.

I'll see you again... when we are both like golden clouds on the wind.
Re: i thought my phone was broken for about a month but it was just on do-not-disturb
Date: July 15, 2017 08:03PM
i didn't realize the dnd setting (next to the flash light...in that tray thing) was separate from the physical switch AND maintained state through power on / off.

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 15, 2017 08:44PM
It is next to Bluetooth, not flashlight.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 15, 2017 08:49PM
.....that's a bit ....disturbing.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: July 15, 2017 09:02PM
space-time
It is next to Bluetooth, not flashlight.

that is correct!

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: July 15, 2017 09:41PM
Been there, done that!
Plus, helped two coworkers find that same setting to turn it OFF!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 15, 2017 10:17PM
My MIL used to accidentally hit DND. It took me a while to fingure out what she had done, the first time.
I still can't figure out how she was accidentally doing it.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 10:17PM by rgG.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 16, 2017 12:02AM
I accidentally locked the phone from switching from vertical to horizontal. I wasted time making an appointment with a Genius. I wish I would have just figured it out without the humiliation.

Posted by: ka jowct
Date: July 16, 2017 09:32AM
I accidentally flipped the tiny switch on my iPhone 6 that silences it. Went nuts looking through the settings to try to fix it. I can't remember how I figured it out, but fortunately, it was before I went to an Apple Store. Unfortunately, it was not before I reset it and lost a couple of wifi passwords that clients had given me; didn't feel right about asking for the passwords again, and I never write down other people's passwords, so they were gone for good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 04:51PM by ka jowct.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 16, 2017 12:17PM
rob banzai
Hahah

It's like at work when someone complains that their phone isn't ringing and it's because they turned the ringer down to zero.

Now THAT, I have done! I don't think the newer phones will do mute? I think my 6S+ will keep one dot of volume, no matter what I do.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: July 17, 2017 11:28AM
smiley-laughing001

I knew a BIL whose MIL's friend had a IP tha was OK. Sorry, but acronyms or whatever just always pass over my peanut brain. nuts smiley

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 17, 2017 01:06PM
....can you fix a 'broken' heart...as easily......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015