Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $152.09 ( +1.82 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
charcoal grill question
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 15, 2017 09:57PM
I have a Weber 22" grill and I use Kingsford briquets (I buy the better ones, still not as good as lump charcoal but I like the convenience of even sized briquets). Most of the time the grill works great, but sometimes this happens. I get condensation on the inside, today I found what appeared to be water droplets on sausage, hamburgers and chicken. The grill was about 400F when I placed the food in, and it was still about 350F when I opened the lid and I saw this. The smoke also smelled slightly different than the usual smoke. Today was humid here, but still I don't think condensation should occur inside the grill. If this is not condensation, then what is it? the food was good, just took a little longer to cook than usual.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: charcoal grill question
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 15, 2017 10:09PM
Did you feel it? perhaps oil or grease. I don't see how it could be water due to the temp

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: July 15, 2017 10:41PM
See any brown smoke or afterwards catch any dark greasy spots inside the lid? Nasty chemical-odors or a bit of a coal-tar aftertaste in your meat?

Thinking it might be creosote condensing on a cool-spot and dripping/splashing onto the food.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 16, 2017 09:06AM
Yeah water can't survive in an oven. You'd have visible steam, at best. It was just grease from the food.

Condensation (and later, mold) can easily form within a cool grill during summer however. But it'll all burn away when the thing gets hot.
Posted by: billb
Date: July 16, 2017 09:24AM
Frozen food in a hot oven ?
Top and bottom vents wide open letting copious amounts of infamous Gulf and East Coast swamp air in ?
Or completely closed starving the burn of oxygen ?
Are you storing the charcoal in the house or an outdoor damp shed ?
You have soaking wet old ashes in the bottom of the grill turning your oven into a sauna ??

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 10:04AM by billb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 198
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015