really good deal on Diamondback Bikes
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 16, 2017 03:32AM
This is $250, was $400 last month

Diamondback 2017 Trace Mountain Bike (Blue, Various Sizes) $250 + Free Shipping

[slickdeals.net]

for comparison, I believe this is the bike, $500 MSRP

[www.diamondback.com]

Now looking at the older threat, I discovered this one is on sale, $700 marked down to $400 (was $480 last month)

[www.diamondback.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: really good deal on Diamondback Bikes
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: July 16, 2017 10:18AM
Seems like they were pretty skimpy on the components. Everything is low end on that bike and it isn't matched. I haven't shopped for a while, but I wouldn't ever pay $500 for that bike. $250 is a good deal and it is better than any department store bike.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: davester
Date: July 17, 2017 01:51PM
Might be worth $250, though it's heavy (29 lbs) and has very low end components on it. A 3 x 7 drivetrain is very retro. I didn't think they even sold those any more. That said, Diamondback has traditionally been a good brand, though who knows which chinese sweat shop may have bought out the brand name since then.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: billb
Date: July 17, 2017 09:50PM
space-time

Now looking at the older threat, I discovered this one is on sale, $700 marked down to $400 (was $480 last month)

[www.diamondback.com]

[www.ebay.com]

I'd spend the extra for the lockout on the Trace Sport for paved trails. Course if you're never going to ride gravel then you really don't need a suspension fork.
It's an entry level bike with entry level components. That's what entry level bikes have.
It's a hybrid. You don't compare it to a flat bar road bike, a touring bike or a mountain bike unless you're trying to talk yourself out of a hybrid because you really need a flat bar road bike, mountain bike or tourer.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015