Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
This is something you don't read every day... about contact lenses
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 16, 2017 08:08AM
Surgeons find 27 contact lenses lodged in woman's eye: 'She just thought it was old age'

[www.independent.ie]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is something you don't read every day... about contact lenses
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 16, 2017 09:12AM
WTH. Did she not remove the old one before putting in the new one? Sounds like she has some severe memory issues rather than cataracts.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: July 16, 2017 09:18AM
Wouldn't you think that she'd notice that she couldn't see worth squat the first time she slapped a new lens on top of an old one?
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 16, 2017 09:31AM
Owwwww. I had two in one eye once, and that hurt like hell (one of them was wadded up in the corner). 27, Whisky Tango FOX?!?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 16, 2017 09:32AM
Is this the compound optics I have been hearing about?

Posted by: billb
Date: July 16, 2017 09:37AM
My God is the medical infrastructure so incompetent there no one noticed an old contact lens let alone 27 of them long before scheduling eye surgery ?

This appears to be fictional tabloid fodder. Half a story at best . The kind of fiction CNN has been peddling as of late.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 16, 2017 09:44AM
Yeah, this reminds me of one time many years ago when I was out at Edwards Air Force Base installing some support gear for the F-22. This was back when only a handful of the jets were flying, and seeing one in the air or up close on the ground was a big deal, even for people working on the project. So when we heard one was coming in to land, all of us went out on the ramp next to the building to check it out.

In those days, after every flight one of the Pratt-Whitney people would put on a heat-protection jumpsuit and visually inspect the engine rotors for any signs of damage. The actual engine was several feet past the air intake, so the inspector would have to physically crawl in there to get to the front ring of rotors.

So we're out there admiring the jet, watching the Pratt dude do his inspection. He's so far in the intake that just his feet were sticking out, when the door opens behind us and my buddy Kevin strolls up. Kevin checks out the scene and says in a loud voice, "Well there's your problem--there's a guy in there!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 09:45AM by Will Collier.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: July 16, 2017 10:17AM
rgG
WTH. Did she not remove the old one before putting in the new one?

I've had lenses fold up and roll under my eye before. In each case, it occurred while I was trying to take the lens out and it didn't hurt at all.

In a few cases, I've had to double-check my hands and the sink/countertop in the bathroom to confirm that the lens hadn't just fallen out.

I'm not 100% confident that all of them eventually came out or dissolved.

I can see how someone might think that she'd safely removed a lens when it was still in there, stuck between the eye and the muscle around the eye.

But this case does seem a bit extreme.

Posted by: rz
Date: July 16, 2017 01:56PM
billb
My God is the medical infrastructure so incompetent there no one noticed an old contact lens let alone 27 of them long before scheduling eye surgery ?

This appears to be fictional tabloid fodder. Half a story at best . The kind of fiction CNN has been peddling as of late.

Enough with the CNN bashing. Maybe you should check to see if Faux News has a forum you can post on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015