advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Worse than UPS... worse than USPS... worse than FedEx... I give you Ontrac
Posted by: hal
Date: July 19, 2017 03:08PM
Yes, I know that every delivery experience is different depending on the distribution center and driver. But I 've been living here for almost a year now and have had 4 Ontrac deliveries. EVERY TIME they leave the package on my neighbors lawn right where the driveway, lawn and street intersect. Essentially, they are leaving it just off the street... in front of my neighbors house.

MY house is WELL off the street. My mailbox is off the street - that's one reason that I like it here - EVERYTHING is well off the street. Everyone else (USPS, UPS & FedEx) get it mostly right. But not Ontrac.

I finally sent them a message of complaint and in the future, I'm just going to have to adjust who I buy from.

The only operations that I order from that use ontrac are REI and Amazon. I think I'll contact them too.

This is 4 out of 4 times that I checked the tracking info, see "delivered - left at door" then I go out and hunt EVERYWHERE before it occurs to me to go all the way to the street and look around.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Worse than UPS... worse than USPS... worse than FedEx... I give you Ontrac
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 19, 2017 05:13PM
I posted my first complaint about OnTrac almost 4 years ago. I am amazed they are still in business. Maybe one of the investors is running it for a tax loss/money laundering.

For almost two years I stopped buying from Newegg because I couldn't specify them to NOT use the Golden Poo of the shipping industry. Some companies might be worse in streaks, but OnTrac seems to strive to be the worst in every category you can think of.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 19, 2017 05:18PM
Good luck, Im gonna say u arent gonna get anywhere.

They have the worst customer service ever... Ive used them in past to send out stuff hundreds of times, never an issue. But in the past 5+ years they have gotten too big for their britches and just stopped caring.

One example you wouldnt believe the email chain I had with some vice president of I dunno what -- about online payments. They didnt seem to offer it, so I inquired via email.

I got an email back with: "we dont offer it". No punctuation, no signature, nuthin. Several back and forth emails about the advantage of online bill pay and his lack "customer service" he pretty much just told me to eff off. Looked him up and he was some older dude that had been there 17 years...

I never had that experience before.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 19, 2017 08:25PM
I just wrote and email to REI asking if there is a way to avoid using ontrac and got a reply within the hour telling me that orders placed by phone CAN choose a shipper. Nice to know I have the option. Didn't bother contacting Amazon.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: July 20, 2017 04:49AM
I live in a gated community. Ontrac will either chuck the box over the gate, leave it behind bushes near the gate, or place it on top of the number pad in front of the gate. All of those locations are ridiculous. After speaking with one of the drivers I surmised their turn over rate is so high that the gate code isn't being passed from one driver to the next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2017 04:50AM by davemchine.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 20, 2017 06:06AM
Suggestion:

Install a surveillance system that records your front door and surrounding area, where you would expect the package to be delivered.

When ONTRAC says package "delivered - left at door", contact vendor, say you have surveillance system and there was no delivery at your door. They will contact ONTRACK to investigate. Eventually they will send you a new package, or issue a refund. Maybe this is the only way these businesses, REI and Amazon will learn to stay away from Ontrac.
Date: July 20, 2017 06:07AM
davemchine
I live in a gated community. Ontrac will either chuck the box over the gate, leave it behind bushes near the gate, or place it on top of the number pad in front of the gate. All of those locations are ridiculous. After speaking with one of the drivers I surmised their turn over rate is so high that the gate code isn't being passed from one driver to the next.

I am assuming there is an intercom system so why don't they call you to open the gate for them?
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 20, 2017 11:23AM
Hal,

I wonder if Ontrac is bad as Lasership, who is horrendously awful!

Robert
Posted by: davemchine
Date: July 20, 2017 11:55AM
space-time, it is possible Ontrac attempted to use the intercom while I was away from my house and then decided to leave the package on top of the number pad. Not a great solution as anyone could have taken my package. I've provided them my gate code on multiple occasions but as I mentioned I think they go through people very quickly and the code doesn't get passed to the new guy. That's my theory at least. I agree with hal. They are not a good company.
Posted by: polychrome
Date: July 20, 2017 06:22PM
Ontrac has gotten better in my area. They would never bring packages upstairs where my front door is until I had one shipment stolen because it was left downstairs in plain sight. I complained about that and Ontrac started delivering to my doorstep after that. Amazon's own delivery service has also gotten better as they used to not bring packages upstairs either, until I told them about my stolen Ontrac package. Amazon's own delivery service tracking system still needs improvement. Even Newegg has their own delivery people now.
Date: July 21, 2017 11:39AM
Even Newegg has their own delivery people now.

So fedex, ups and usps are endangered species?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 21, 2017 11:52AM
space-time
Even Newegg has their own delivery people now.

So fedex, ups and usps are endangered species?

I doubt it. I believe that Ontrac and other services are used to provide the "last mile" delivery. In fact, I receive last mile deliveries from the USPS after FedEx and UPS hand over packages to them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 339
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018