Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $150.04 ( -1.8514 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Done with house insurance...
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: July 25, 2017 02:12PM
...went with USAA. Other companies wanted to kind of low ball me on coverage! $127,000, etc., stuff like that, no way! Like somebody said earlier in these insurance threads, canno' buy a closet (in his area) for that! USAA started out with real costs of rebuilding.

Ok, whew, done with this part of my move to Midwest. Thanks you guys (have to get my old southern lips used to saying that for "y'all").

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Done with house insurance...
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: July 25, 2017 03:41PM
I grew up around New York City yet now I use "y'all". Do what works for you.
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: July 25, 2017 06:25PM
Don't forget jeet.

Did you eat?
Date: July 25, 2017 06:50PM
Thanks, Lew. Whew, we are easily distracted and otherwise sidetracked, aren't we? Shows what's important! Forget buying a ridiculous house and stupid insurance to keep one from going to debtor's prison if something happens, let's talk language usage! smiley-laughing001 Hey, I love y'all boys!

Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: DP
Date: July 26, 2017 06:46AM
Well, you can say, "you all", instead of "y'all" and that works too! I am born and raised in Detroit but I use "you all" as it works better because I always thought "you guys" was weird especially when talking to women. I picked it up when I was stationed at Ft. Knox being exposed to all those Southerners for two years!
How many of you call a pork roast "fresh ham"? Picked that up there too...

Date: July 26, 2017 07:46AM
DP
Well, you can say, "you all", instead of "y'all" and that works too! I am born and raised in Detroit but I use "you all" as it works better because I always thought "you guys" was weird especially when talking to women. I picked it up when I was stationed at Ft. Knox being exposed to all those Southerners for two years!
How many of you call a pork roast "fresh ham"? Picked that up there too...

See? Forget a house! Language y'all boys, that's what's important! smiley-laughing001

Posted by: max
Date: July 26, 2017 07:58AM
Fresh ham?
Thats a new one for me and have been here, in Texas, for quite a while...
Posted by: Schpark
Date: July 26, 2017 09:32AM
Just don't forget the y'all usage. If you are taking to one person it is y'all. If you are talking to more than one person it is all y'all. I learned this when I lived in Texas.

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: July 26, 2017 10:08AM

If you are taking to one person it is y'all. If you are talking to more than one person it is all y'all.

"Y'all" is always plural. If used when speaking to one person, it's because the rest of a family or group is included implicitly. Old Fogette
Date: July 26, 2017 11:55AM
That's it, A-Polly! The way we southerners use it. Uh, anybody here have a clue about insurance? Not that it's important. popcorn smiley

Posted by: digby
Date: July 27, 2017 08:45AM
Well, when it comes to insurance up here on the North Coast, we think saying y'all is adorable.

We hope you never lose or modify your accent. I have one friend who's losing his Australian lilt, and it's very sad. But another's a Brit who, even after a decade in The Colonies, still says "Wah'uh Buh'ull" (Water Bottle).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015