advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to? I want to post a video of Precious playing with her toys and to place a request for "buttons" which are her favorite toys...
Posted by: GeneL
Date: July 28, 2017 03:07PM
Cockatoos seem to have an unusual behavior called "anting." Apparently, in nature they pick up ants and let them run around on their bodies and chase them down to play with them. Pet birds like Precious do the same thing with buttons, pistachio shells and plastic rings. Buttons are the ones that she seems to like the best of her toys, but they seem to get lost very quickly.

I'd like to post a video of Precious playing with her toys and to ask my forum friends to send us some of the buttons that they have accumulated. I have pretty much used up the odds and ends that I had from an assortment that came as "extras" on my button shirts.

I don't know how to share a video of Precious playing with her toys. Is it possible to do that?

Also, is there a way for me to share my mailing address without attracting unwelcome attention?

Thanks for your responses.

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to? I want to post a video of Precious playing with her toys and to place a request for "buttons" which are her favorite toys...
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: July 28, 2017 07:24PM
I don't know how, but I would love to see it!

bunny smileyCentral VA
Re: How to? I want to post a video of Precious playing with her toys and to place a request for "buttons" which are her favorite toys...
Date: July 28, 2017 07:38PM
Yikes! All those views and only one response and still no suggestions???

Okay, I can at least post Precious' picture, but I still am wondering if there's a way to give out my address so only my forum friends can see it?

I would think that many of the members would have some odds and ends buttons, right?

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 28, 2017 07:40PM
GeneL
Yikes! All those views and only one response and still no suggestions???

Okay, I can at least post Precious' picture, but I still am wondering if there's a way to give out my address so only my forum friends can see it?

I would think that many of the members would have some odds and ends buttons, right?

The only way to give out your address that wouldn't be public would be if people sent you a PM and asked for it privately. If you post it in a thread, everyone who has access to the Forum could see it.

I think there is a filter to get access to the Forum the first time you sign up, but there are lots of people who never post who still have access to see a thread.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2017 07:42PM by rgG.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 28, 2017 08:49PM
How about this?

[gfycat.com]
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: July 29, 2017 05:54AM
A GoFundMe page except pay in buttons?
Date: July 29, 2017 06:04AM
No sleep at all Thursday night and now I'm going to knock off (4AM!)

I will do my best to post when I get up on Saturday.

Thanks all...

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: mspace
Date: July 29, 2017 09:43AM
Does this work?

[www.ebay.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 29, 2017 01:31PM
Snapchat? Youtube? It might take a little effort to make sure the videos stay semi private.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 30, 2017 04:30AM
mspace
Does this work?

[www.ebay.com]

Thanks mspace. It took me in another direction, but it led to a wide range of suitable options.

My intent was to get a small quantity of shirt size buttons that are often found on good quality "button" shirts and if you are like me, rarely used. I felt that seeing Precious playing with them would be a way to make Precious a part of our forum family.

It turned out that posting the video was more complicated than I expected, so it looks as if buying a quantity of buttons on eBay is a good solution.

If I ever get more sleep and I'm feeling better, I will do my best to post more pictures of Precious.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses.

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: billb
Date: July 30, 2017 12:16PM
They don't eat the buttons ?

Just put a vid up on youtube public ?
I have a couple that were posted links to in another forum and only one got a bunch of unexplained views .
You can make youtube vids private with passwords ( or used to ) .

Kind of like finding a vacation picture that you've shared on one forum somebody else shared somewhere else and garnered a bit more traffic than you would have liked.
I guess like a pic on facebook going viral so you become careful not to post much of anything there.

For buttons a post office box or just give out an address responding to PM only ?

Yeah, you haven't posted a pic of your birdee for a while.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: July 30, 2017 01:22PM
Thanks for the suggestions, billb.

Once again, I didn't sleep at all last night, so I'm running on fumes.

If I can figure out how to get them on my Flickr account and manage to get the appropriate link to post on the forum, I will share some more pictures.

My problem with Flickr is that they changed their method for choosing the appropriate size to use on the forum. Last time I tried using Flickr, I had a terrible time figuring out how to get the correct size.

As far as the buttons, I will buy a small quantity of buttons on eBay and be done with it.

I am so tired...

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015