advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone using USPS Informed Delivery?
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: July 31, 2017 01:26PM
I signed up last week. They email you a picture of everything they are delivering to your mail box.

Pretty neat.

USPS Informed Delivery

Fred
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone using USPS Informed Delivery?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 31, 2017 01:59PM
My son did it. He says its really cool. I recall the automated USPS mail processing equipment a company I worked for was working on in the early 1980's. It was crazy complicated. Looks like a lot has been done since then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 02:02PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 31, 2017 02:11PM
I think I accidentally signed up for it while purchasing postage for an eBay auction. It was interesting for about a week. Then got tired of looking at scans of junk mail waiting for me when I get home.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 31, 2017 02:23PM
Doesn't work for all; I tried to put my post office box on it and it told me "business addresses aren't allowed".

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: davemchine
Date: July 31, 2017 02:50PM
I tried to sign up and after one failed login my account was "locked" with no indication of how to unlock it mi called customer service, navigated an insanely long menu, and was told wait times exceeded one hour. Eventually I created a new account and it seems to be working. Hope it was worth the effort.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 31, 2017 06:03PM
I meant to do it and then totally forgot about it. It would be good for me because I have a long walk to the mail box and don't feel like doing it some days.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 31, 2017 07:20PM
Somehow I must have signed up for it, but I can't say where or when. It started coming at the beginning of summer. I like it, though it does take some of the fun out of seeing what's in the mail at the end of the work day.
Posted by: polychrome
Date: July 31, 2017 08:52PM
I hope this doesn't slow down service if it gets really popular. Amazon's own delivery drivers are doing that now, taking a photo of the package after it's delivered and including the pic in a notification.
Posted by: stephen
Date: July 31, 2017 09:44PM
Funny, I just signed up.
Posted by: Frank
Date: August 01, 2017 05:00AM
Love it! It was really nice seeing what would be delivered each day while on vacation. Doesn't work for flats and packages though.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: August 01, 2017 05:33AM
I've been using it for a few months. I caught two pieces if non-delivered Mail. One strangely showed up the next day, and another was dropped at my doorstep the same day by a neighbor.
I think they will start doing packages soon.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: August 01, 2017 05:47AM
Man, would I love to. I can't get into my account no matter what I do. I am pretty sure I know my name and password there but no dice. When I say I forgot my password, it says every possible username i try is invalid. When I say I forgot my username, it tells me I have to create a new one. When I go to create a new account it says I already have an account no matter which of those usernames I try... I thought they were invalid???? GRRRRRR.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 01, 2017 06:26AM
....love to look at junk...................in the trunk.......everyday............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Gareth
Date: August 01, 2017 03:11PM
polychrome
I hope this doesn't slow down service if it gets really popular.

Supposedly, they scan your mail regardless of whether or not you're signed up, so all you're doing is tapping into an existing resource.
Posted by: polychrome
Date: August 01, 2017 09:26PM
Gareth
polychrome
I hope this doesn't slow down service if it gets really popular.

Supposedly, they scan your mail regardless of whether or not you're signed up, so all you're doing is tapping into an existing resource.

Thanks, good to know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020