Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $157.50 ( -0.36 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Crank (Bank) of America
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 10, 2017 02:27PM
I have not been able to use online chat for customer service for a while so I called them for a CS matter. After getting that matter cleared up, I asked them why online chat wasn't available. They had to transfer me to their digital department and have me ask them again.

The answer: we are rebuilding that service.

I said it seems like hasn't been available for a while now.

The answer: yes, we have been working on it for 6-8 months. facepalm

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Crank (Bank) of America
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 10, 2017 02:32PM
.....they make you not proud to be an.....American......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 10, 2017 02:46PM
Too FAIL to Big ?

FWIW.. they put all their money into an "AI" chatbot named "Erica" that only works through their mobile app. Probably sucks..... corporations like to yammer about "AI" when they really mean "Poorly programmed response tree driven voice recognition system".
Posted by: hal
Date: August 10, 2017 03:07PM
I was doing some banking with my mom at BoA and we were discussing the Online Banking that BoA offers and this women essentially told us that it's probably best if we DID NOT use it. Too many reports of payments not being completed. I was floored - such honest is usually a good way to get fired.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 10, 2017 03:19PM
I use BofA online banking all the time and the only problem in all these years (since they went online with it) was a billpay incident which was totally the fault of Verizon. If you use their mobile app to deposit a check, it's good the next day.

I suspect you had a disgruntled employee on your hands there. Perhaps one looking to get fired as opposed to having to quit, in order to get unemployment after the penalty period ends.

Posted by: hal
Date: August 10, 2017 03:45PM
Not at all - she was not a teller - a 'new accounts' person. We were in an office with a closed door - no one was gonna over hear it. She meant it. She did specify that the problems were about customized payments (like when you pay a babysitter or the lawn mower guy) and suggested that utility payments and such - the ones in the SYSTEM were ok. We were asking specifically about setting up payments for Mom's helper.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 10, 2017 06:23PM
hal
I was doing some banking with my mom at BoA and we were discussing the Online Banking that BoA offers and this women essentially told us that it's probably best if we DID NOT use it. Too many reports of payments not being completed. I was floored - such honest is usually a good way to get fired.

i've been using boa online for at least ten years now. it's been flawless. i know we're supposed to hate the monster mega banks but it's been fine for me.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 10, 2017 06:24PM
hal

I set up my rent (when I was renting), my water bill, my sewer bill, HOA fees, and I NEVER had an issue with BoA in 12 years. I did have to go and increase the amount of the water bill or HOA fees once in a while, but other than that it is on autopilot. I am 100% satisfied with BoA online banking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 06:26PM by space-time.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 10, 2017 07:52PM
hal
Not at all - she was not a teller - a 'new accounts' person. We were in an office with a closed door - no one was gonna over hear it. She meant it. She did specify that the problems were about customized payments (like when you pay a babysitter or the lawn mower guy) and suggested that utility payments and such - the ones in the SYSTEM were ok. We were asking specifically about setting up payments for Mom's helper.
Set it up as an automatic transfer to their account each month. That should work like a charm.

Posted by: billb
Date: August 10, 2017 07:58PM
graylocks
hal

i've been using boa online for at least ten years now. it's been flawless. i know we're supposed to hate the monster mega banks but it's been fine for me.

same here, no problems

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015