advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $157.86 ( 0.00 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is quicken now interchangeable between mac & windows?
Posted by: JPK
Date: August 10, 2017 03:50PM
I have been asked to take a treasurer position for a non-profit youth sports club. I am conversationally literate in this type of thing, but am no means an accountant or controller type.

It is mostly accepting registration fees, managing expenses, paying for tournaments, paying for ice time and other misc stuff. A monthly briefing to the board about financial conditions.

My biggest issue is the need for a windows laptop. Sorry, but I just wont do it.

My question is.......they have used quicken for some years. Is this now the same file & format whether on a pc or mac? Is there a cloud version that is not OS sensitive?

I left Quicken years ago. I could maybe handle it if it were on my mac or in the cloud, but I will not lug around a second laptop, especially if it has to be a windows.

JPK
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is quicken now interchangeable between mac & windows?
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: August 10, 2017 06:08PM
I feel your pain, JPK. I do same thing for a non profit education service, and it is all on Excel! I'm trying to get it into an accounting program, using Quicken now. I don't think Mac and Windows version are interchangeable. Someone will soon let us know.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015