advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
'plunge' worthy [ l<- Seinfeld ref. ]?!.....BMW plunges 7 floors down parking garage.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 11, 2017 10:54AM
....almost landing on an SUV at the bottom......in downtown Austin....

.....this video is everywhere but in case you missed it.....the driver mistakenly hits the gas pedal instead of the brake.....

VIDEO: BMW plunges 7 floors from downtown parking garage

.....The gripping surveillance video begins with an SUV making a slow turnaround in a downtown alley, before suddenly braking as the driver hears a noise.

That driver, William Burch, had his window down and heard the noise — what he would soon find out was a BMW falling from a parking garage level, seven stories above, as seen in video released by the Austin Police Department on Thursday.

The BMW sedan crashes front-first into the pavement, before violently bouncing back on Burch’s Chevrolet Tahoe on July 13. The BMW then comes to rest on its roof, as nearby construction workers and bystanders come to the aid of the driver.

Police said the woman driving the BMW, who had serious injuries from the crash, mistook the gas pedal for the brakes and crashed through the parking garage barriers.

Burch was uninjured. He was on the phone with his mother when the BMW landed on his car. “I can just imagine what she was thinking when I had said, ‘a car just landed on me, I gotta go.'”

On Sept. 9, 2016, a 24-year-old man crashed through the barriers on the top level of the same parking garage. One of the barrier wires caught his SUV as it was falling and left his vehicle hanging precariously on the side of the garage.

The driver was able to escape with the help of a bystander.

The owner of the Littlefield Garage, located at 508 Brazos St., said these were the only two incidents of this kind they’ve experienced. KXAN reported the Austin Code Department issued the property a violation on Sept. 14, 2016, citing unsafe conditions, specifically unsafe barrier cable systems.

I.......Fall.....to Pieces............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 10:56AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'plunge' worthy [ l<- Seinfeld ref. ]?!.....BMW plunges 7 floors down parking garage.....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 11, 2017 11:37AM
As crazy as it sounds, that BMW was essentially in a 45mph accident. It's bad, but not as bad as it sounds.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Re: 'plunge' worthy [ l<- Seinfeld ref. ]?!.....BMW plunges 7 floors down parking garage.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 11, 2017 12:04PM
Ombligo
As crazy as it sounds, that BMW was essentially in a 45mph accident. It's bad, but not as bad as it sounds.
That.... wow.. yeah, that makes sense. Still.. the driver's reaction during the fall... time slows...
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 11, 2017 12:13PM
David Letterman used to do plenty of this sort of thing...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 11, 2017 12:18PM
The BMW did pretty well. The driver door opened fairly easily. The driver was lucky it didn't land flat on the roof.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: max
Date: August 11, 2017 12:37PM
NewtonMP2100

VIDEO: BMW plunges 7 floors from downtown parking garage

Was it a 7 series BMW?....
Posted by: MikeF
Date: August 11, 2017 04:14PM
Someone taking the BMW propeller logo a little too serious...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015