advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ISO: really bright LED portable spotlight
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 12, 2017 02:47PM
could also be a mounted device, but prefer something I can hold. I see some for about $30 and I am willing to spend up to $50.

fwiw, my Coastal LED flashlights are pretty good, but I want something with more of a spot function.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ISO: really bright LED portable spotlight
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 12, 2017 03:29PM
We've had the Stanley linked below for almost 3 years and it's still holding a good charge. It's used nightly to check
on the cows and walk the dog. It will light up the trees at the far end of a 3 acre pasture that's almost
square but deeper than it is wide. It's amazingly bright. Don't shine directly into someones eyes, it's that
bright.The 7 hour run time is on low, more like 2 hours, maybe a little less on high. I think it gets charged
about once a week. They run around $40.

[www.stanleytools.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: August 12, 2017 03:45PM
Nitecore EA41

I use the blinding bright spotlight only infrequently when I need to scan the pastures a great distance.

I mostly use it on the lowest setting. It lasts forever on 4 AA batteries on the lowest setting.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: August 12, 2017 09:18PM
The thrunite tn4 is another 4xAA. It is very impressive it terms of how it throws. There will be reviews comparing to the nitecore. If you want don't want regular batteries there are going to be a lot of other choices.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 12, 2017 10:51PM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 13, 2017 10:15AM
Aren't halogen spotlights brighter than LED spotlights?

The main benefit of LED flashlights seems to be high light output with a relatively small amount of power consumption compared to other bulbs. If you don't really care about power consumption, wouldn't a lithium-ion halogen spotlight be a better choice?
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: August 13, 2017 08:48PM
I like my Peak 100 watt halogen "10,000,000 candlepower" rechargeable spotlight. It's brighter than my car's headlights. Got it at Big Lots, if I recall correctly. Had to change the SLA battery fairly quickly, though - I think it was on the shelf a few years too long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015