Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $157.86 ( 0.00 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
An interesting life moment
Posted by: Drew
Date: August 12, 2017 07:00PM
My oldest son brought his girlfriend over for dinner last night. We had met before, but only briefly and before they started their relationship, so it was a big moment. He's 26 and she's 25. Very nice girl and they get along well. They hung out and we talked for a long time. It's astounding to think that anyone would fall in love with my son. Not because he's not a great guy, only because he's my son and I know him too well. smile smiley No wedding plans (at least as far as I know. They don't have any money!) But I'm suddenly a potential grandfather, which is a strange thought but actually quite a satisfying feeling as well. Just wanted to share.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: An interesting life moment
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 12, 2017 07:12PM
Grandfather? Kinda jumpin the gun... =)

I was just thinking how my mom had me 1 month after her 19th birthday -- if I had done the same, my kid would be 32, and if he had a kid at 19, they would be 13, and if they did the same = great grandfather before 60.

I guess some cultures get married early, right? so this wouldnt be shocking to them...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 12, 2017 07:15PM
jdc
Grandfather? Kinda jumpin the gun... =)

I was just thinking how my mom had me 1 month after her 19th birthday -- if I had done the same, my kid would be 32, and if he had a kid at 19, they would be 13, and if they did the same = great grandfather before 60.

I guess some cultures get married early, right? so this wouldnt be shocking to them...

My favorite bartender/owner is 5th generation mom of a kid before 20. Her daughter is @19 right now. We have a pool going she has no idea about. There is a 5 generation photo of the women. If a daughter comes along soon, could be 6. I think the oldest is 95 right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 07:16PM by Racer X.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 12, 2017 08:14PM
Drew
But I'm suddenly a potential grandfather...

You've been a potential grandfather for a long time...
Posted by: Drew
Date: August 12, 2017 08:28PM
hal
You've been a potential grandfather for a long time...

It's the realization of the potentiality that's interesting. Not only that, but that the little boy is a man and he seems to have made a good choice, if that's how it ends up going.
Posted by: sekker
Date: August 12, 2017 09:28PM
My 22 yr old son is in his first serious relationship. Humbling as he seems very young - but my wife and I married at 22 almost 30 years ago...
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 12, 2017 10:19PM
Yeah, there was something very cool about growing up as the child of young parents. Sadly, I did not repeat that with my own kids, something that was not possible, of course, with their mother.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 13, 2017 05:19AM
sekker
My 22 yr old son is in his first serious relationship. Humbling as he seems very young - but my wife and I married at 22 almost 30 years ago...

likewise here. My son is 21 and in a three year relationship. His mother says he is too young. i chuckle at that because got married she she was 19 after a one year relationship - that was 32 years ago.

(my smartass son says people had to get married young back then because we didn't live as long)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 13, 2017 12:28PM
....grand.......papa.....can you hear me.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 244
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015