Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $150.06 ( -1.83 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Shooting In The Neighborhood
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 16, 2017 05:01PM
So I come home and find that an unusually large number of blocks have been signed and traffic-coned off for a two day shoot of The Black List. Looks like they may be doing a couple of episodes worth of outside stuff and judging by the number of blocks, even a car chase and a few shootouts. Architecture ranges from closely packed 1910 era houses to some industrial-like stuff. They shoot TV and movies around here fairly frequently, but this looks like there might be a whole bunch. Didn't see James Spader (really like him) or any of the surrounding no-talent cast. I might even have to start watching the episodes this fall to see the hood. They had a poorly run (for real) film festival around here lately. I'm talking to the folks at the library to have video screenings of movies and TV shows shot around here, for the amusement of the residents and maybe turn the kids and teens onto video production. It's always fun walking down a street where a space ship once flew.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Shooting In The Neighborhood
Posted by: robfilms
Date: August 16, 2017 05:08PM
the black list shoots in my neighborhood all the time. total pita and i'm in the biz!

ymmv

be well.

rob
Posted by: Z
Date: August 16, 2017 05:45PM
Better than the shooting in my neighborhood that brought the SWAT team out a couple blocks away last week...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 16, 2017 05:58PM
At least it wasn't a hostage standoff on the backside of your block. Flash bangs are LOUD!!!!!!!!! Never heard the suicide shot though.
Posted by: DP
Date: August 16, 2017 06:03PM
Oh, that kind of shooting...

Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 16, 2017 07:55PM
My block and our buildings were in an episode of NYPD Blue. They put fake grafitti on the buildings which they cleaned off after shooting.

Long Island City is pretty popular: it crops up Person of Interest, among others.
Date: August 16, 2017 08:33PM
ka jowct
My block and our buildings were in an episode of NYPD Blue. They put fake grafitti on the buildings which they cleaned off after shooting.

Long Island City is pretty popular: it crops up Person of Interest, among others.

Being just a few blocks from the studio certainly helps...a lot. The locations on Person of Interest and the often sagging Elementary are superb.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 16, 2017 08:52PM
Almost every time they "shoot" in Seattle, it is in Vancouver area. Maybe some B roll from a small contingent. It usually gets edited wrong, so geographic continuity is atrocious.
Date: August 16, 2017 09:23PM
The light in Vancouver is very distinctive. I find it takes only a few minutes to guess those overcast sky reflections ain't Kansas.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 16, 2017 09:37PM
Steve G.
ka jowct

Being just a few blocks from the studio certainly helps...a lot. The locations on Person of Interest and the often sagging Elementary are superb.

LIC offers great views of Manhattan, of course. I have a client who moved out there and I take the ferry over there from the 35th St. landing. I was out there recently with a light enough schedule that I could stand to take my camera along. Tremendous changes in the area, even since 2010.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 17, 2017 06:38AM
There is so much shooting in and around Atlanta that you are constantly running up on base camps or locations or even more often the little cryptic road signs directing people to the shoot location.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 06:38AM by rgG.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 17, 2017 06:42AM
ka jowct

....noticed that for 'Person of Interest' and 'Elementary'.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015