Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
8 Years old Blended Bifocals, and the Illuminating question
Posted by: Microman
Date: August 18, 2017 10:39AM
I been having trouble cleaning my glasses, I seem to have areas on the corner and spreading that seem rough. and not smooth. Some spots in the middle viewing area. I use the proper cleaning materials, and clothes purchased from Kaiser optical.

I am wondering if the Illumxxxxx coasting is coming off in an uneven fashion. I am currently able to call Kaiser but their optical can't really answer my questions over the phone. I love Kaiser , but their optical is the farthest down on my list for good service.

Has anyone else ever had a coating do this?, And is there a remedy, maybe remove it?, or have coating redone. I know it is time to get new glasses, but I know that Kaiser the Veriflex Blended BIFOCALS COST over $300 to $400.

Thanks for you knowledge.

Currently in Alaska
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 8 Years old Blended Bifocals, and the Illuminating question
Posted by: jdc
Date: August 18, 2017 10:42AM
Kaiser costs too much, try Costco.

If your glasses really are 8 years old, and you havent had your eyes checked, Id say you are 6 years past due?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: decay
Date: August 18, 2017 10:45AM
jdc

If your glasses really are 8 years old, and you havent had your eyes checked, Id say you are 6 years past due?

THIS.

---
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 18, 2017 10:58AM
I wash my glasses because I don't like the dirt film that most cleaning cloths leave. My current "progressive" lenses from Costco are a similar age and in a similar state, the coating is slowly eating away at the edges. I typically get my eyes looked at during regular/physicals, so I only go to the optician when I have vision issues.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: billb
Date: August 18, 2017 11:22AM
Coatings are often done to the round lens blanks before they are cut to fit glasses. If the coating is aging ( peeling, cracking, hazing, etc. ) suddenly the coating has probably endured it's expected life cycle.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 18, 2017 11:28AM
....a bit more acceptable these days to be bifocal or gayfocal....anything besides the usual, vanilla straightfocal......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: decay
Date: August 18, 2017 11:39AM
NewtonMP2100
....a bit more acceptable these days to be bifocal or gayfocal....anything besides the usual, vanilla straightfocal......

that's not very... PROGRESSIVE... of you

---
Posted by: Forrest
Date: August 18, 2017 11:56AM
Do you have Transistions lenses (darken in sunlight)? If so according to Transistions

HOW LONG DO TRANSITIONS® BRAND LENSES LAST?

Transitions® lenses are designed to last 2 years, which is generally the lifetime of your vision care prescription.

In order to keep your prescription lenses current, regular, comprehensive eye exams are recommended to determine any prescription changes and help prevent any other eye problems. Talk to your eyecare professional or eye doctor to find out how often you should schedule a visit to preserve your eye health.
Posted by: riley5108
Date: August 18, 2017 12:13PM
jdc

Totally Agree with jdc. Way overdue for and eye exam and Those coatings do not last forever.

Microman
And is there a remedy, maybe remove it?, or have coating redone.

No to all the above.

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 18, 2017 01:53PM
8 years!!! You got your money's worth already. And you don't just get your eyes checked for acuity's sake. Vision can't be replaced, and there are many situations that, if caught early enough, can be reversed. Everyone should have their eyes examined by a professional annually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 202
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015