Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Game of Thrones spoilers
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 21, 2017 01:53PM
They kill so many characters off in that show that mentioning a character is in itself a spoiler.

Just saying...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Game of Thrones spoilers
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 21, 2017 01:56PM
....don't drink the milk.....why....?? It's spoiled.....pass it down......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DP
Date: August 21, 2017 02:09PM
But they all come back to life? Maybe Ned Stark will come back in the series finale and marry Arya. Oh, wait...

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 21, 2017 02:13PM
....if there is the ability to come back from the dead....you would think that those who can perform it would be making a lot of money.......they would be held on retainer by all the royal families.....and everyone that had died from the beginning would be brought back to life and no fear of death.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 21, 2017 03:09PM
NewtonMP2100
....if there is the ability to come back from the dead....you would think that those who can perform it would be making a lot of money.......they would be held on retainer by all the royal families.....and everyone that had died from the beginning would be brought back to life and no fear of death.....

You mean like Qyburn and Franken-Mountain?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: bik
Date: August 21, 2017 05:48PM
freeradical
They kill so many characters off in that show that mentioning a character is in itself a spoiler.

Just saying...

It's been a little while since there's been a really meaningful death. Probably since the Mountain squished the Dornish guy's head.

Probably also related to the fact that the showrunners have run out of actual source material and are just making a lot of crap up now.

Seemed improbable that those Magnificent Seven/Suicide Squad characters would go North of the wall with no significant deaths. Indeed, lot's of redshirts dying. Of the seven named characters who went, it was arguably the 7th most important that failed to return.

Jon, Gendry, Beric, The Hound, Jorah Mormont, Tormund, and Thoros.

Jon – 
Was never going to happen.

Jorah, Gendry, The Hound –
If they were still running in the style of past seasons, one or more of them might have died and it would have been a huge, talked about and remembered moment, like the red wedding or the Mountain popping a skull.

Tormund –
Lot's of people would have predicted he would die, because he's sort of a fan favorite, but also sort of peripheral.

Beric and Thoros –
It would be easy to predict that one or both of them would die. But, I suppose Beric has something to do as a "Chosen One." So, we only lost Thoros – important for his resurrection function (now gone). But, in a fan vote, he would probably draw the short straw every time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015