advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Happy talk keep talkin' happy talk?!.....iPhone users will soon have access to Alexa and Cortana....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 30, 2017 10:01AM
.....Amazon and Microsoft joint project.....Alexa and Cortana will be able to talk to each other......using app on iPhone....

iPhone Users Will Be Able to Say 'Hey Cortana, Open Alexa' in Future

....Amazon and Microsoft today jointly announced that Alexa and Cortana will soon be able to communicate with each other.

Microsoft said the collaboration will allow access to Alexa via Cortana on Windows 10 PCs later this year, and via the Cortana app for iOS and Android at an unspecified point in the future. Similarly, users will be able to access Cortana on Alexa-enabled devices like the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show.

iPhone users should eventually be able to open the Cortana app and say "hey Cortana, open Alexa," to access Amazon's virtual assistant. Alexa can be used to shop and manage orders on Amazon, ask a variety of questions, stream music and audiobooks, check the news and weather, and many other tasks.

However, iPhone users won't be able to say "hey Cortana, open Alexa" from the Home screen, or when the device is locked. Apple only allows third-party virtual assistants to function within their apps, so accessing Alexa via Cortana will be a lot more cumbersome than simply using Siri.

For a complete virtual assistant experience, iPhone users could also say "hey Siri, open the Cortana app" and then say "hey Cortana, open Alexa."

Alexa can already be used in the Amazon app on iOS [Direct Link], while Cortana has been available on the App Store [Direct Link] since December 2015.

Talk to Her......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Happy talk keep talkin' happy talk?!.....iPhone users will soon have access to Alexa and Cortana....
Posted by: Ammo
Date: August 30, 2017 12:37PM
This could get very confusing. What if Alexa calls Cortana pretending to be Siri?

"When the tree falls, the monkeys scatter." Chinese proverb.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Re: Happy talk keep talkin' happy talk?!.....iPhone users will soon have access to Alexa and Cortana....
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 30, 2017 12:58PM
Like I need three more women in my life that don't understand me...
THAT will raise my self esteem...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 30, 2017 12:59PM
....for those looking for menage [ virtual......ly ]......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 30, 2017 09:23PM
I expect to chat with them every bit as often as I chat with Siri. Never.
Posted by: Schpark
Date: August 31, 2017 08:13AM
Paul F.
Like I need three more women in my life that don't understand me...
THAT will raise my self esteem...

Boy do I understand and agree with this....

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 288
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015