advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ATT U-verse internet nightmare...
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: September 08, 2017 03:58PM
...so, I had to cancel it today after only having it about a week. After guy disconnected temporary cable and connected buried cable, it was out. He didn't even check to make sure it was working. Two looong calls to Philippines later and 4 days without internet, I cancelled today and got Mediacom. Whew, what a difference in just placing the order! I was done in less than 5 minutes! Man coming tomorrow morning to connect to my own modem/wifi router. Since Apple stopped making Base Stations (as they were called), I just decided to get the modem and wifi router all in one. Been using T-Mobile LTE on iPad...

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ATT U-verse internet nightmare...
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 08, 2017 05:59PM
Be careful with those all in one router/modem combos. My parents have that with Verizon FiOS. It comes with all default settings and they don't set up much if any security. I secured my parents router and When they next had a problem Verizon sent a technician to pull it out of service and replace it with another one that was set again to all default settings (ie little or no security).

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: September 08, 2017 09:33PM
Thanks ztrf. I'll see how this one works tomorrow. It's a Motorola.

Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: September 09, 2017 12:46PM
Well, the Mediacom boys came as promised this morning, set me up quick. Internet working good again after the U-Verse fiasco. Reckon most of y'all boys here don't use ATT U-Verse, eh? Good for you's guys!

Posted by: Will Collier
Date: September 10, 2017 10:52AM
GuyGene
Well, the Mediacom boys came as promised this morning, set me up quick. Internet working good again after the U-Verse fiasco. Reckon most of y'all boys here don't use ATT U-Verse, eh? Good for you's guys!
I was apparently really lucky, had a very experienced and professional Uverse installer. We haven't had a single problem in well over a year. Quite unlike Crapcast, which went out regularly, with zero useful support.
Posted by: heap1
Date: September 10, 2017 10:07PM
With Comcast you can put their router in Bridge mode which allows you to use your own router disabling the Comcast one. Of course the best thing to do, as long as you don't have their crappy phone service, is to buy your own modem and save the $10 a month rent that Comcast charges.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015