advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Silent Upgrade w/ Dunuxon Dual Port Qualcomm Qick Charge 3.0 equipped car phone charger
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 09, 2017 06:58AM
All metal charger came in heavy duty, fabric covered, book board box w/ hidden magnetic closure, and custom cut, foam padded interior. Very nice presentation. Then, hidden under the removable shelf under the custom cut foam, in addition to the printed materials, was a red braided cable... a reversible micro USB number that was a big hit on the crowd sourcing circuit for $15 - $20 a pop, now still $10 - $12 ea. on Amazon.

Looked to upgrade the phone juice in the car, and very thankfully ended up in bonus land.
Is it shameful of me to still wish I'da won the big Power Ball Lotto from a couple of weeks ago instead as a bonus? (you know, to have begot free MBP's for all forum regulars...)
==

BONUS!
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Silent Upgrade w/ Dunuxon Dual Port Qualcomm Qick Charge 3.0 equipped car phone charger
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 09, 2017 07:06AM
$59.95?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Silent Upgrade w/ Dunuxon Dual Port Qualcomm Qick Charge 3.0 equipped car phone charger
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 09, 2017 11:09AM
This one? $14.88

[www.amazon.com]
Date: September 09, 2017 05:11PM
Yes, s-t that's the adapter... it's popped up from a handful of different Dunuxon sellers. I paid $12.99, and the price seems to move around almost daily among them. There was no mention of an included cable, much less a reversible micro USB cable. FWIW, one of the sellers, Scosche, appears to have jumped the shark to get on the reversible micro usb cable bandwagon. I'm thinking maybe they're one of the outfits that was contracted by the Indiegogo MicFlip reversible micro USB guys to produce the product. The cable I got had a double/misprinted "Dunuxon" logo on the USB A end of it. My guess is that rather than selling the misprints, they essentially dispose of them by including them as a bonus w/ the power adapters. I was impressed with the packaging and apparent overall quality of the product, and then the bonus cable was a nice added touch. It makes sense, under the circumstances, why they don't mention anything about the cable in the product listings. Perhaps Dunuxon branded reversible micro USB cables are available in other countries.
==
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 09, 2017 09:24PM
Aw CRAP. I just got a new charger and cable for my car. 2 port, 24 watt. This would have been better. I just might get one anyway, and stuff mine in the console for anyone in the back seat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2017 09:26PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Schpark
Date: September 10, 2017 09:35AM
The Amazon listing shows it comes with a short Lightning cable

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Date: September 10, 2017 12:49PM
The other sellers' listings don't say they include a cable of any sort, and a couple say to use your own cable. Moot point for our new QC3 phones, which are USB C ports. Older phones are micro USB and iP6 & 6s+ have lightning, but don't think they're QC3 compliant to take full advantage of charger.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015