advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what's on tonight?!....WTF - new 'Firefly' episodes begin tonight?!......this classic '80s TV series being rebooted.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 09, 2017 11:34AM
......sorta'......'Con Man' debuTTs on SyFy tonight.....loosely based on Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion post-Firefly career.....

....ABC is rebooting 'Greatest American Hero' but with Indian-American woman in lead [ they tried the 'spin-off' with a woman back when the original ended - the pilot was included in the DVD set with Robert Culp still in it but didn't make it to series. ]....

7:00 PM on Oxygen
The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway
TJ and the team head to Aruba to collect DNA evidence from Natalee’s alleged burial site.

9:00 PM on AMC
Halt and Catch Fire
Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky begins an arc as Dr. Katie Herman, Comet’s new chief ontologist; Donna deals with Rover team friction; Cameron buys a plot of land.

10:00 PM on Syfy
Con Man
Basic cable premiere (all Season 1 episodes, through 1:25 am): Loosely based on their post-Firefly careers, this web series follows a washed-up sci-fi actor (Alan Tudyk) who returns to the convention circuit, and his costar (Nathan Fillion) who rises to the A-list.

The Greatest American Hero Reboot Lands at ABC... With a Female Twist

.....Should we start calling it The Greatest American Heroine?

ABC has given a put-pilot commitment to a reboot of ’80s cult hit The Greatest American Hero, our sister site Deadline is reporting. But there’s a twist: Instead of the original’s accidental superhero Ralph Hinkley, the new Hero will be an Indian-American woman named Meera who’s fond of drinking tequila and singing karaoke.

As in the original, Meera will stumble upon an alien superhero suit that endows her with superhuman powers… that she’s barely in control of. Fresh Off the Boat writer Rachna Fruchbom will pen the pilot script, and since ABC gave it a put-pilot commitment, the network will face major financial penalties if it passes on the show, which virtually guarantees it’ll make it to air.

This is a homecoming of sorts: The original Greatest American Hero also ran on ABC from 1981 to 1983, starring William Katt as Ralph Hinkley, Robert Culp as FBI agent Bill Maxwell and Connie Sellecca as lawyer Pam Davidson. It’s probably best remembered, though, for its theme song, “Believe It or Not,” which hit No. 2 on the Billboard Top 40 charts in August 1981.

there will be financial penalties if the network passes on the pilot so it probably will at least make it to air......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2017 11:38AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what's on tonight?!....WTF - new 'Firefly' episodes begin tonight?!......this classic '80s TV series being rebooted.......
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 09, 2017 12:02PM
I'm OK with the Greatest American Hero reboot. Teenage me liked that Sellecca show.
Re: what's on tonight?!....WTF - new 'Firefly' episodes begin tonight?!......this classic '80s TV series being rebooted.......
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 09, 2017 07:19PM
Thanks for the heads up on Con Man. I have it set to record. I like both guys, so we will see if it is any good.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 09, 2017 07:33PM
The further adventures of Capt Tightpants and Wash.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 09, 2017 08:25PM
They actually started this in 2015. SyFy just bought the rights to air it this year.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: September 09, 2017 08:33PM
Racer X
They actually started this in 2015. SyFy just bought the rights to air it this year.

Yeah, there are 2 seasons floating around the web. Started with a Kickstarter if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: September 11, 2017 10:39AM
Acer
Teenage me liked that Sellecca show.

She's still lovely at 62.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 261
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015