advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $98.80 ( -0.22 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"Now VOYAGER!". . .Genevieve Bujold as Capt. Nicole Janeway from "Star Trek Voyager". . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 20, 2006 12:22PM
Genevieve Bujold as Capt. Nicole Janeway

FYI. ..interesting to watch . . .this is probably the same footage (there might be additional footage) that is included in the DVD for Season 1. . .

. . .Kate Mulgrew (Captain Kathryn Janeway) was cast in the series after the original star, Quebecoise film actress Geneviève Bujold, quit on the second day of filming citing exhaustion and incompatibility with rigorous television filming schedules.

. . .In 1994, she signed on to play the lead character, Captain Nicole Janeway, in the American television series Star Trek: Voyager. However she dropped out after filming just a few scenes of the series' first episode, stating that a TV series work schedule was too demanding. Kate Mulgrew replaced her and the character's name was changed to Kathryn Janeway.

[www.youtube.com]

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2006 12:23PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Now VOYAGER!". . .Genevieve Bujold as Capt. Nicole Janeway from "Star Trek Voyager". . .
Date: December 20, 2006 12:24PM
What's a Janeway?
Re: "Now VOYAGER!". . .Genevieve Bujold as Capt. Nicole Janeway from "Star Trek Voyager". . .
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 20, 2006 12:30PM
Like Amway, but with breasts.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 20, 2006 12:54PM
No, no, no! "As much as a Picard, but with breasts."
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: December 20, 2006 01:42PM
about 40 henways

Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 20, 2006 02:14PM
Whoa, thank gawd they cast Mulgrew! Bujold has less life than a dead fish!

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 20, 2006 02:19PM
That was painful. I know it was the pilot and all (anyone remember how bad the TNG pilot episode was?) but still.

[reference.dbacoreworks.com]
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: December 20, 2006 03:58PM
Zoidberg
(anyone remember how bad the TNG pilot episode was?) but still.

Just the Pilot!?!?

How about most of the first season?
Just watched the first 15 episodes over the last 3 weeks.
Thank the lords the country was starved for Trek, because they stunk. I can't blame the new writers for all the bad first season episodes because Paramount insisted that they rewrite five TOS episodes and use them in TNG before bankrolling the project.
Besides the first scripts, the pacing was really bad, the new characters were ill-conceived, anyone remember the first Ferengi encounter, man that was a bad episode.
The music score was good, but did we really need the swelling orchestral score, the stretching of the Enterprise every time it went in to warp? Never mind the "hurtling through stars" effect which got really old after the first couple of times.
Data grinning like an idiot the first season was funny, and crewman that literally disappeared was very cool. First season felt claustrophobic due to the lack of money meant many of the sets weren't built till the second, or third season.
Glad I continued to watch though, yes, I was Trek starved!

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: December 20, 2006 04:10PM
That clip is from the STV episode "Time And Again".:
[www.tv.com]

Man, Kate Mulgrew can act rings around that actress!

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 20, 2006 04:36PM
BGnR, that part (about first season TNG) is part of why I feel like that when people hammer Voyager or Enterprise, they really aren't being fair. By comparison, the first season of Enterprise (such as it is, and it's not particularly great) blows away the first season of TNG ... no comparison. Same for DS9. I think the fans being really unfair in their comparisons... it's hard to compare anything to TOS, or the better seasons of TNG.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 20, 2006 04:59PM
PeterB
Bujold has less life than a dead fish!

Almost like she was in a Coma?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 20, 2006 05:02PM
. . .she did quit because she was "exhausted". . .

still hindsight is 20/20. . .if she had stuck with it , it might still have worked. . .many tv characters have started off "iffy" but developed well. . .we'll never know now. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: December 20, 2006 07:22PM
The Ferengi were supposed to have been the Federation's new bad guys.
I loved the episode of DS9 where we learn that the Ferengi were the aliens at Roswell.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 21, 2006 12:57AM
Wow. Quite a difference b/w the two actors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login