Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
BP Monitor
Posted by: kap
Date: September 11, 2017 02:16PM
I asked my local Target pharmacist where I can have my 3 year old BP monitor recalibrate. She said she did not know but it was time for me to buy a new one. I went to look at one similar to the one I have. The price of one spiked my BP!!! Anyone here knows where I can have my monitor recalibrate?

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 02:17PM by kap.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: BP Monitor
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 11, 2017 02:42PM
I have no suggestions.

We tried to get a then five year old $2,000+ Critikon Dinamap monitor recalibrated about 22 years ago (pre-Internet). We could find no one to do it, even tried our local hospital's vendor ("sorry, we don't do privately owned monitors"). It was for our daughter. My blood pressure was very repeatable using our clinic's monitor so I dragged the Critikon to our clinic, used their machine (which gave me my usual 120/70), and then tried the Critikon which also gave me a very similar reading. That was the best we could do short of buying a new monitor.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 11, 2017 02:44PM
Yeah, I don't know who would do that either. With well-reviewed basic BP monitors running under $30, I doubt if it's worth the effort.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 11, 2017 03:11PM
[store.getqardio.com]

$99, but it's apparently what happens after you buy one that really matters most …

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 11, 2017 03:12PM
bfd
[store.getqardio.com]

$99, but it's apparently what happens after you buy one that really matters most …

They're married according to their wedding rings.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DP
Date: September 11, 2017 03:17PM
"Look, honey! You can have a heart-on now!"

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 11, 2017 03:19PM
bfd... that's an interesting product. and kap has a great concept here... how DO you calibrate those ? I've never seen a method presented.. so many variables ! I could ask my old boss because he held one of the patents from 1966, that was later turned into the pulse ox machine.... But he's 82 now, and I haven't talked to him since 1985...
Posted by: hal
Date: September 11, 2017 03:22PM
"calibrate blood pressure" gets over 4000 hits on Youtube - worth checking out...
Posted by: MacJeepster
Date: September 12, 2017 07:05AM
I periodically take mine along to the doctor's office, where I run it just before or after the nurse does me.

-mj
Posted by: MacJeepster
Date: September 12, 2017 07:14AM
We have the Qardio and it is expensive, but it's quicker and easier than any one I've ever used, plus you can show the doctor the readings in an easy to read bar graph of your BP at different times of the day from Tthe last week, month or year.
I think it's a good value for the money.
THey also offer a scale that integrates with it, but that I'm too cheap to buy.

-mj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 205
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015