advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Night before big announcement roll call, predictions, & party on oldest thread.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 12, 2017 07:11AM
I am here and waiting for the 9.7" iPhone. Take that prediction to the bank!

Oldest Thread: [forums.macresource.com]

MRF-Admin edit - made a sticky, and stock opening price is $162.61 since the ticker is still broken. sad smiley

Update- STOCK TICKER FIXED!

Will un-sticky in 48 hours. So please don't complain "there's three stickies at the top of the thread what is this board coming to I hate it....". Thank you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 11:58AM by mrp-admin.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Night before big announcement roll call, predictions, & party on oldest thread.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 12, 2017 07:44AM
In a shocking "up yours" to critics, Apple puts six audio jacks on the new iPhone.
Re: Night before big announcement roll call, predictions, & party on oldest thread.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 12, 2017 07:45AM
......party......in the U.S.A.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 12, 2017 07:49AM
Where is the stock ticker when we need it?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 12, 2017 08:03AM
$1000 is burning a hole in my pocket.
The wife's burning glare in my direction is another matter...
Posted by: stephen
Date: September 12, 2017 08:46AM
I'd like to be surprised by something. Software idea, maybe, since hardware is so hard to keep secret.
Date: September 12, 2017 08:48AM
stephen
I'd like to be surprised by something. Software idea, maybe, since hardware is so hard to keep secret.

....those days are gone.....because 1) Apple is no longer innovative 2) a lot of the information is being found in code in Apple software updates.....most of the stuff being revealed is already known just be people looking at that code.....

Date: September 12, 2017 08:53AM
NewtonMP2100
stephen

....those days are gone.....because 1) Apple is no longer innovative 2) a lot of the information is being found in code in Apple software updates.....most of the stuff being revealed is already known just be people looking at that code.....

Price point may be a surprise. Most rumor sites and articles are predicting a $1000 base config top model iPhone. Make the base config top model $900 or less and there will be alot of people eating crow.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 12, 2017 09:39AM
stephen

Where to begin? Maybe a new version of iTunes that isn't a steaming bucket of poo? With more settings available to users to eliminate some of the stuff that has to be adjusted because the default is something ridiculous?

How about making the iOS Music app less horrible?
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 12, 2017 11:08AM
3d
NewtonMP2100
stephen

Price point may be a surprise. Most rumor sites and articles are predicting a $1000 base config top model iPhone. Make the base config top model $900 or less and there will be alot of people eating crow.

They just need to make top-of-the-food-chain devices that check off all of the major desirable categories.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: September 12, 2017 11:19AM
I'm getting a new work phone, so I'll be buying something announced. Nothing over $1000. So probably an iPhone 8 and a case.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: September 12, 2017 11:47AM
And the stock ticker is back in time to watch AAPL decline. Thanks to the admins!

Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 12, 2017 11:53AM
3d
$1000 is burning a hole in my pocket.
The wife's burning glare in my direction is another matter...

ROTFL

Wait. That's not funny.

I have the same problem. Would tinfoil deflect the burning glare?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 11:54AM by Spiff.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 12, 2017 11:55AM
Speedy
And the stock ticker is back in time to watch AAPL decline. Thanks to the admins!

Well, now that you've broken the taboo about talking about Fight Club, I'll just say that AAPL is right in the middle of it's range for the day.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: September 12, 2017 11:59AM
Watching on engadget.com. I like their commentary. Irreverent, but spot on most times.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 12, 2017 12:09PM
why would the live stream not work on my phone? can't use my Mac as Comcast is still out in my area.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 12, 2017 12:10PM
13" iPhone X, allows you more computing possibilities on an airplane.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: decay
Date: September 12, 2017 12:14PM
[www.geekculture.com]

---
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: September 12, 2017 12:19PM
graylocks
why would the live stream not work on my phone? can't use my Mac as Comcast is still out in my area.

Stream is working on my Apple Phone via Wifi. Would not work via Cellular.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 12, 2017 12:21PM
C(-)ris
graylocks

Stream is working on my Apple Phone via Wifi. Would not work via Cellular.

that's odd. i finally set up a hotspot with my phone and can stream the keynote on my iPad - and able to use the mac for other things. good thing i have a large data plan.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: stephen
Date: September 12, 2017 12:35PM
Howdy. Here. Harder to get as excited for this stuff, but still ready to utter an occasional "LEADER!"
Date: September 12, 2017 12:50PM
Apple TV is going to upgrade your 1080p iTunes movie to 4K with the new Apple TV. I am definitely interested.

Posted by: gabester
Date: September 12, 2017 12:59PM
I might be interested in a cellular Apple Watch provided that it truly has a day-long battery life, but I'll have to wait to see if they make it workable with MVNOs - I'm trying to never again put money straight into the pockets of AT&T, VZW, Sprint, and TMo.

However, new iPhones - no matter how cool - make me say "meh". "Force touch" has been a failure, and while the cameras are cool I'm not at all invested in the Apple app ecosystem.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:00PM
......no price cut on the older Apple TV [ really? ]............

Date: September 12, 2017 01:00PM
Pretty phones...

Posted by: wurm
Date: September 12, 2017 01:03PM
I got my $140 iPhone SE a few weeks ago, so I'm good for the next several years.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:08PM
The things they are showing with the iPhone 8 camera are very interesting. I am going to have to watch that part over again to digest all of it.

Date: September 12, 2017 01:14PM
The emphasis on games that look like nothing new (except for fancier graphics) is lost on me.

Do people really game that much on iPhones?

---
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 12, 2017 01:16PM
WIRELESS CHARGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: September 12, 2017 01:17PM
.....induction charging....via....Qi............

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 12, 2017 01:18PM
You seem happy. wiggle smiley

rgG

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Date: September 12, 2017 01:19PM
ONE
MORE
THING...

---
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:19PM
decay
ONE
MORE
THING...

?!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: September 12, 2017 01:21PM
iPhone X

"tin" as Tim says it

---
Date: September 12, 2017 01:33PM
....Face recog.......

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:33PM
Animated emoji's...

Wah, wah, Waaaaaa....

:-/

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: September 12, 2017 01:35PM
A larger screen in a smaller body. Winner.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 12, 2017 01:35PM
Pretty slick switch to the backup demo iPhone X.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:36PM
The streaming just froze for me. I guess I can go eat now.

Date: September 12, 2017 01:43PM

Posted by: rgG
Date: September 12, 2017 01:43PM
Rick-o

rgG

Been waiting for years for this one thing. lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: September 12, 2017 01:46PM
rgG
Rick-o

rgG

Been waiting for years for this one thing. lol

emoticon-animal-022smiley-gen013smiley-music039hamster dance

Date: September 12, 2017 01:53PM
iPhone X
Starting at $999

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 12, 2017 01:53PM
1G, 1K, 1 Grand, $1000.

Or in the Rick-o household, A lotto bux!!!!!!!

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Date: September 12, 2017 01:54PM
And the keynote must be over because AAPL dropped back into the red.

Posted by: gabester
Date: September 12, 2017 01:56PM
I wish they'd keep bumping the SE line with CPU, RAM and storage, keep the headphone jack. Probably next year they'll discontinue the 6-series entirely, and that will take out the SE.

Maybe to keep a small phone in the lineup at that time they'll introduce the iPhone XE.
g=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 01:57PM by gabester.
Date: September 12, 2017 01:57PM
iPhone X. Bomb-diggity.
Date: September 12, 2017 02:02PM
vision63
iPhone X. Bomb-diggity.

Or bomb biggity. $1k is a lot for a tiny computer that makes phone calls.

Date: September 12, 2017 02:07PM
Speedy
vision63
iPhone X. Bomb-diggity.

Or bomb biggity. $1k is a lot for a tiny computer that makes phone calls.

Yeah. It is. Stuffs all wanty.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: September 12, 2017 02:10PM
pardon moi if i ask the obvious...

...with wireless charging how do i synch pix and data with my imac?

i'm not flaming.

i'm just asking.

be well.

rob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015