advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK, NOW the Apple Watch is looking like something I might want... if it was cheaper.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 12, 2017 12:37PM
As I predicted - it's evolving.
And having a true wrist phone is finally here!

Still don't NEED one, really... but it's climbing my "toys I want" list!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, NOW the Apple Watch is looking like something I might want... if it was cheaper.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 12, 2017 12:40PM
$399 with cellular, less without.

Series 1 down to $249

---
Re: OK, NOW the Apple Watch is looking like something I might want... if it was cheaper.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 12, 2017 12:44PM
it's been on my toys list since it came out. unfortunately, since i can't wear it at work i really can't justify it even with the price drop. series 1 would work fine for me, danggit!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 12, 2017 12:45PM
I was really close to getting a Series 2 but also realized I can't wear it at work, so no point really.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 12, 2017 12:48PM
......now you can take calls in the bathroom [ hands free ].....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: September 12, 2017 01:04PM
do you folks have work rules where you can't wear such a watch?

mainly for me it's $250+ I don't have extra.

---
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 12, 2017 01:15PM
decay
do you folks have work rules where you can't wear such a watch?

can't wear a watch period when you work in food service and that includes Starbucks. health department rules.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 12, 2017 01:27PM
Safety and GMP policies prevent any kind of jewelry above the waist while on the production floor.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: September 12, 2017 01:31PM
interesting notes, thank you!

---
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 12, 2017 02:00PM
Wife and oldest daughter love the watches, use them for tons of stuff.

But I dont think LTE is something they need just yet... since they always have their phones in their purse..

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 12, 2017 02:44PM
Need vs Want is always the Apple Way
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 12, 2017 02:56PM
bfd
Need vs Want is always the Apple Way

Yes, I need an iPhone X.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: September 12, 2017 03:42PM
Me too Speedy! If fibromyalgia mess allowed me, I'd want watch

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: September 12, 2017 05:24PM
ztirffritz
Safety and GMP policies prevent any kind of jewelry above the waist while on the production floor.

How about wearing it on your ankle?

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: September 12, 2017 07:47PM
decay

$599 for the good steel version.

My iPhone armband rubs against my side when I jog and sometimes it gets really irritating. Having my podcasts playing from my watch would save me some discomfort.

...Except that I'll have to wait for Overcast to be updated before that's available.

Posted by: sekker
Date: September 13, 2017 12:00AM
Onamuji
decay

My iPhone armband rubs against my side when I jog and sometimes it gets really irritating. Having my podcasts playing from my watch would save me some discomfort.

...Except that I'll have to wait for Overcast to be updated before that's available.

Apple used to sell something perfect for just this use. Let me think. Oh, that's right - an iPod!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 13, 2017 10:24AM
I don't want to have to have the same thing on my wrist every day. I guess that's silly but it's how I feel. II like switching out watches like jewelry and don't want to be obligated to wear the same watch all the time.

Posted by: Onamuji
Date: September 13, 2017 05:28PM
sekker
Onamuji
decay

Apple used to sell something perfect for just this use. Let me think. Oh, that's right - an iPod!

An iPod wouldn't be able to download podcasts on-the-fly while I jog.

...Unless they took an iPod and incorporated a cellular phone into it. That kind of device could be revolutionary. I should patent it before Apple decides to make something like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 231
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015