advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I am impressed with Lost and Found TSA at EWR
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 13, 2017 11:28AM
Dad forgot his cell phone at the Newark Airport TSA security checkpoint. He realized he lost it the next day. I called TSA Lost and Found and I got a voice mail, too many calls, send email. I sent email, next day I got a response that they found the phone and instructions for pickup or to have it sent back. It takes me 45 min to drive there and back, plus gas, tolls, and I would have to miss some work, so I told them to ship it to me. They sent it UPS, cost to me was $5.05, and now I have the phone.

I am impressed with how easy the whole process was and how easy they handled this issues. We often hear bad things about TSA, this one is quite the opposite.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I am impressed with Lost and Found TSA at EWR
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2017 11:37AM
.....thanks for the PSA.....on TSA......and HORay.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: billb
Date: September 13, 2017 12:00PM
I was surprised how many people leave (valuable) stuff on planes and in airports when I did it myself and got to see the rows and rows of unclaimed 'stuff' being held.

Somewhere in LAX lost and found the owners manual for my D7100 is probably collecting dust. It may be a Amazon shipping box by now too though.

Pre-occupied with making sure everybody else had all their stuff, I left a MBA on a plane. Got it back three weeks later on the return trip .

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: decay
Date: September 13, 2017 12:28PM
OTOH, don't check jewelry in your baggage, it will likely disappear at EWR. Happened to my sister-in-law.

---
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2017 12:30PM
....a lot of things disappear in checked bags......those screeners must be rolling in it....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015