advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AirPods!
Posted by: davemchine
Date: September 18, 2017 10:37PM
My kids bought me AirPods for my birthday and I have been eagerly waiting for them to arrive. Today was my day. Pairing was super easy. Love how they turn on when placed in my ear. Phone calls with both AirPods was a little weird, I prefer a single which also works well. I called my dad and he said I sounded a little tin like but very clear. Double tap for siri works perfectly. So far I am very happy. I think they will work well for the gym or working in the garden.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AirPods!
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 18, 2017 10:50PM
Birthday L E A D E R !

Glad you like them, they seem to be very popular with those that own them.

I'm too afraid I'd lose them...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 19, 2017 06:25AM
.....enjoy....

.........got my cheap knock-offs.....AirPuds.......they don't work but when I put them in my ear.....they look like the real stuff and look cool with them in my ears......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: September 19, 2017 07:02AM
I have been loving the AirPods since late December.
If you're in a situation where they might fall off, this leash may be for you. I use it when skiing.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 07:03AM by Ken Sp..
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: September 19, 2017 08:24AM
I love my AirPods. I have had them for 9 months now. I like being able to use one while listening to a pod cast while walking the dog. I think they sound better than standard Apple ear buds.

Steve
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 19, 2017 08:31AM
Most people who own AirPods, love them.
Most people who've only seen pictures and reviews of AirPods hate them.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 19, 2017 08:45AM
.....if only they were a bit cheaper....and they've ramped up production so the shortage should be reduced soon......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 19, 2017 09:14AM
I have been using a pair since May. I only use them at the gym. The main reason for that is I like to have a dedicated pair in my gym bag so they are always there. Treadmills are even more boring w/o music!

I keep them in a ziploc with a bag of dessicants (I sweat. A lot) and a 3000 mAh powerbank plugged into the case to keep them charged. I re-charge the bank every two weeks or so, but it could probably go 6-8.

Anyway, I didn't like them at first. Was always having to re-seat them else they would fall out. It was making my ears hurt. Then I got these:

[www.amazon.com]

and now all is right in the world! They stay in even in the sweatiest conditions and they are easy to get on/off once you've done it a few times.

NewtonMP2100
.....if only they were a bit cheaper....

Have you compared the price to other totally wireless earbuds?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 19, 2017 10:13AM
My objections are mostly aesthetic. They look so wrong. And it seems like it would be easy to lose one. Same thing all the naysayers dislike, I guess.

It didn't help that the one time I have seen them in the wild, they were stuck in the ears of a dude with his hair crewcut all around, with long hair on the top of his head tied in a wee ponytail. Somehow he had escaped from Brooklyn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 10:14AM by ka jowct.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: September 19, 2017 11:29AM
Birthday present?

LUCKY!!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: September 19, 2017 10:15PM
Rick-o I'm feeling very lucky (or blessed)!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 221
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018