advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what's on tonight?!....fully loaded schedule of new shows/series premieres.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 01, 2017 10:55AM
.....new shows: CBS' 'Wisdom of the Crowd'......'Ghosted' on Fox.......ABC's 'Ten Days In the Valley'.....

....Season 3 for 'Poldark' on PBS......

....'Curb Your Enthusiam' on HBO....

7:00 PM on ABC
The Toy Box
Season 2 premiere: Toy inventions include a new line of comic books and an environmentally friendly take on water-balloon fights.

7:30 PM on Fox
Bob's Burgers
Season 8 premiere: Chaos ensues when Bob’s Burgers begins serving brunch; Tina, Gene and Louise help Mr. Fischoeder’s brother.

8:00 PM on ABC
Shark Tank
Season 9 premiere (two hours): Pitches include airport navigation and meditation apps; guest Sharks include Sir Richard Branson and marketing wiz Rohan Oza.

8:00 PM on Fox
The Simpsons
Season 29 premiere: The long-running comedy pays tribute to the fantasy genre, with the help of Game of Thrones‘ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

8:30 PM on CBS
Wisdom of the Crowd
Series premiere: A tech titan (Entourage‘s Jeremy Piven) launches a crowdsourcing app to help find his daughter’s killer; Richard T. Jones (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) and Monica Potter (Parenthood) co-star.

8:30 PM on Fox
Ghosted
Series premiere: A disgraced professor (Parks and Rec‘s Adam Scott) and a former police detective (The Office‘s Craig Robinson) are recruited by a top-secret organization to investigate paranormal events.

9:00 PM on PBS
Poldark
Season 3 premiere: George appears to have everything going for him; Caroline and Dwight make the decision to elope.

9:00 PM on Fox
Family Guy
Season 15 premiere: When Peter launches a “For Your Consideration” Emmy campaign for Family Guy, he forces everyone to imitate shows more likely to be recognized, such as Modern Family.

9:30 PM on CBS
NCIS: Los Angeles
Season 9 premiere: Sam, still mourning his wife, insists Callen find a new partner; Hetty is succeeded by Shay Mosley (new series regular Nia Long).

9:30 PM on Fox
The Last Man on Earth
Season 4 premiere: Pamela (recurring guest star Kristen Wiig) gets acclimated with her fellow survivors as the gang sets sail for Mexico.

10:00 PM on ABC
Ten Days in the Valley
Series premiere: A TV producer’s (The Closer‘s Kyra Sedgwick) world is turned upside down when her daughter goes missing in the middle of the night; Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Lost), Kick Gurry (Sense8), Erika Christensen (Parenthood), Emily Kinney (The Walking Dead) and Currie Graham (Murder in the First) co-star.

10:00 PM on HBO
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Season 9 premiere (40 minutes): Larry tries to get rid of his assistant, and accidentally offends Jeff’s barber.

11:30 PM on Adult Swim
Rick and Morty
Season 3 finale: In this spoof of The Manchurian Candidate, Rick gets into a confrontation with the president.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 08:28PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what's on tonight?!....fully loaded schedule of new shows/series premieres.....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 01, 2017 11:38AM
One of the reasons I love Poldark is how most of the transportation in England takes place on blazingly sunny days along the cliff by the sea, waving to the occasional grotesque but happy peasantry along the way.
Shirts off! for everyone but Demelza.

I hope the script is as good as Craig Robinson in Ghosted.

Losers:
The Last Man on Earth
Ten Days in the Valley
Shark Tank
NCIS: Los Angeles
(that still on?)
The usual on-too-long Family Guy, Simpsons and the never funny yet Bob's Burgers

My prediction for Biggest Flop:
Wisdom of the Crowd
should be canceled after 3 episodes but Jeremy Piven's got a deal.

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Rick and Morty already dwell among the immortals and need no help from me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 11:39AM by Steve G..
Re: what's on tonight?!....fully loaded schedule of new shows/series premieres.....
Posted by: davemchine
Date: October 01, 2017 12:06PM
I enjoy Last Man on Earth. It is stupid but also funny. A nice way to unwind at the end of a day.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 01, 2017 12:14PM
davemchine
I enjoy Last Man on Earth. It is stupid but also funny. A nice way to unwind at the end of a day.

I want to enjoy it or find it funny, but the dude is just *too* stupid. My 12 year old seems smarter than he is. And the season ender was kinda wtf was that for? Whole story arc just for that. Almost like they werent even trying.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 01, 2017 01:17PM
Never understand Larry David as being funny.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 01, 2017 02:25PM
What he does is literally a comedy of manners (or lack of them). Personally, I find Curb excruciating to watch most times. Only in the smallest doses for me. The cast of transgressors, offenders and buffoons would be familiar to fans of Restoration comedies and Moliere of the 1600's.

Noel Coward gave us a more polished version:

Larry David has dragged us back to the originals.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: October 01, 2017 06:11PM
I may be the odd man out, but I'm stoked for Curb Your Enthusiasm. I also love Last Man on Earth. I think the key to that show is realizing that it's all in his head, or there's some other tragic explanation waiting for us at the end. Maybe he actually does end up all alone eventually. Why would they name the show Last Man on Earth and introduce a whole cast of characters by the end of the first season? And, it's a crazy ride along the way. I've just always loved Will Forte.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: October 01, 2017 06:40PM
jdc
davemchine

I want to enjoy it or find it funny, but the dude is just *too* stupid. My 12 year old seems smarter than he is. And the season ender was kinda wtf was that for? Whole story arc just for that. Almost like they werent even trying.

I think that they keep assuming that they're gonna be canceled mid-season, so they don't bother working out a story-arc.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 01, 2017 07:27PM
Dang, season 29 for The Simpsons.

And I've only watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015