advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Watch earns it's keep
Posted by: davemchine
Date: October 01, 2017 06:52PM
This weekend was my turn to spend time at the hospital. Sorry if this is long. It started friday morning when I became very dizzy suddenly. I went to bed and slept almost the entire day even though I had just had a full night's sleep. Alarming but I wasn't sure what to do about it. Saturday morning I took my youngest daughter and her friend to the fair and shortly after arriving the same thing happened. Very dizzy, hard to focus my mind on anything, confused, and felt like I might pass out. I checked my heart rate using my Apple Watch and sitting in a chair it was 135-150. Yikes. On recommendation of a friend I went to the health booth where they hydrated me and monitored for awhile. My heart rate came down to 120. BTW, my Apple Watch and their equipment showed the same heart rate so yah Apple for being accurate. They recommended going to the hospital but in their ambulance but I thought they were just wanting to flash their fancy lights. So my oldest daughter came to the fair and took me home while my wife supervised the kids having their fun.

I slept several hours and my heart rate was still very high so I finally went to the hospital. They confirmed my heart rate (yah Apple Watch) and ran a ton of blood tests which all came back negative. Doctor said I appeared to be fine except for my heart rate. So he gave me three shots to bring my heart rate down into the 90's and sent me home. I am to continue monitoring with my Watch and make an appointment with my GP. Now it is Sunday. I made it thru church but felt very tired. I've been monitoring and I am in the 85-95 range. I slept the entire afternoon.

Not so excited to be feeling this way but feeling really good about my Apple Watch at the moment.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Watch earns it's keep
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: October 01, 2017 06:56PM
Damn!

Hold tight, man. Glad you've got family to help you through.

...You've made me anxious for my (back-ordered) Apple watch!

Posted by: space-time
Date: October 01, 2017 07:01PM
blood pressure was fine?
Date: October 01, 2017 07:07PM
Blood pressure was fine. Hopefully my GP can sort it out but I suspect she will send me to have more tests.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 01, 2017 07:24PM
How's your eyesight? Recently, I had a bout of double vision. VERY strange when I had both eyes opened. The ophthalmologist thought rubbing my eyes from allergy problems might have caused it. eek2 smiley
Date: October 01, 2017 08:03PM
Eyesight seems fine.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 01, 2017 08:34PM
Great $99 device that is a single lead EKG that hooks to a free iPhone/Android App.
It diagnosed my one and only AFIB incident (I was low on Potassium)
[www.alivecor.com]
Posted by: lost in space
Date: October 01, 2017 08:48PM
testcase
How's your eyesight? Recently, I had a bout of double vision. VERY strange when I had both eyes opened. The ophthalmologist thought rubbing my eyes from allergy problems might have caused it. eek2 smiley

OT, but that sounds more like it's migraine-induced. My friend's daughter had similar problems as yours a few years ago, and ended up completely blinded for a few days. Went away and hasn't had a problem since.

Posted by: mrlynn
Date: October 01, 2017 08:50PM
Wife says if heart rhythm is OK, tachycardia (high heart rate) generally could be hyperthyroidism, anemia, or an infection. Presumably they did EKG and blood work at the hospital so checked for rhythm, anemia, and infection. So maybe hyperthyroid? Could be other causes, of course, e.g. stress or cocaine. . .

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Date: October 01, 2017 08:59PM
I was not 100% at the hospital and didn’t ask as many questions as I should have. I do know they said my rhythm was steady, just fast. He said it was like I was working out while sitting down. They checked for hyperthyroidism and it was negative. Also checked for diabetes and I was fine. I don’t know about infection. Stress level is fine and I don’t use any drugs.
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 01, 2017 11:19PM
Glad to see your taking care of it.... on the lighter side, as I read your story and many times referring to the Apple Watch, when It got to the part where you said I made an appointment...... I thought you were going to say the Apple Genius Bar

I had to start taking a small dose of a pill to keep pressure down. I was just over 140. But the first pill (Isonophil) gave me coughing fits.

Good luck
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: October 01, 2017 11:42PM
[en.wikipedia.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015