advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SNL
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 07, 2017 10:45PM
What a perfect opening given these times...

Edit> For those that missed: [m.youtube.com]

=wr=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 11:43PM by wave rider.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SNL
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 08, 2017 12:12AM
....Jason Aldean tribute to Las Vegas.....and Tom Petty [ instead of political cold opener ]......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 08, 2017 02:47AM
Nice opening.

(I would have definitely enjoyed playing Kate McKinnon's role in that les bian sketch!)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 02:53AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: October 08, 2017 07:00AM
Great version, just put a hold on some of Jason's albums at the library. And Tom Petty.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: October 08, 2017 07:40AM
I don't mean to sound bitter or dark but I'm sick of 'tributes' and speeches and 'moments'..it's a bunch of garbage..and this "cuz when america works together bs??"

America has never really worked together..we have always been a divided, conflicted nation and we're paying the price right now..

Jason Aldean can't even sing in key, poser..shoulda let someone in the band front it..
Posted by: BernDog
Date: October 08, 2017 07:41AM
Odd coincidence that the musical guest is the one who unwittingly plagiarized that very song.
Date: October 08, 2017 08:32AM
BernDog
Odd coincidence that the musical guest is the one who unwittingly plagiarized that very song.

....true but it might seem a bit 'petty' at that time last night, to bring it up....

....for those not in the know.....Tom Petty sued Sam Smith for his song 'Stay With Me' for similarities, coincidentally to 'I Won't Back Down'......the case was settled with Sam Smith paying Tom Petty royalites....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 09:13AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 08, 2017 11:04AM
Wrong place for this, but I didn't like his singing. Hard to compare to the real thing of course.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 08, 2017 11:29AM
Kraniac
Jason Aldean can't even sing in key, poser..shoulda let someone in the band front it..
Someone in the band wasn't there when the gunfire started. Just take it for how it was meant and relax.

EDIT: Duh, I was thinking you meant the SNL band. Regardless, it was obviously done for a certain purpose, like it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 12:23PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: October 08, 2017 12:12PM
Kraniac
I don't mean to sound bitter or dark but I'm sick of 'tributes' and speeches and 'moments'..it's a bunch of garbage..and this "cuz when america works together bs??"

America has never really worked together..we have always been a divided, conflicted nation and we're paying the price right now..

You do sound bitter. Very bitter.

Date: October 08, 2017 01:09PM
Uncle Wig
Kraniac

You do sound bitter. Very bitter.

Pfft..it IS a bunch of garbage..moments..moments of silence..songs sung, speeches..if you can't see past these things as garbage that, at this point, are meant to keep the people quiet, to pacify.. so the day to day deception can continue.. then you need to wake the #%$^ up, Wig.

Moments of silence and speeches are great if the delivering body and those receiving actually learn something from it..but in this case? It's only gotten worse, shooting after shooting..to the point where we actually allow a bunch of openly armed Nazis to march through the streets..Am I bitter? Hell yes I'm bitter..

and you sit there crafting your little typewriter jabs, like a chump

This SNL thing..you book the guy who was onstage singing to a whole bunch of gunsters when another gun fetishist decided to go down in 'big ego' and spray a crowd with bullets..and then have him sing a Tom Petty song..insulting to say the least..and he wasn't even in key to boot..

His guitar player talked about his 'now' changing views on the gun thing..of course only after being in the line of fire in this one..Seemingly unable to put himself in the shoes of all the people..families, children etc who have previously fallen victim to these horrific tragedies..You have to ask why he couldn't find some way to 'change' via those events..but no..what does it take? being shot at? that's called realization by selfishness..

Aldean didn;t have the guts to say anything about this..feared of losing his fan base..the ones who suck up to that brand of totally fake country garbage being packaged by Nashville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:10PM by Kraniac.
Date: October 08, 2017 01:12PM
$tevie
Kraniac
Someone in the band wasn't there when the gunfire started. Just take it for how it was meant and relax.

EDIT: Duh, I was thinking you meant the SNL band. Regardless, it was obviously done for a certain purpose, like it or not.

I think that's a superficial treatment of what this was..there is a disturbing depth to it..
Posted by: jonny
Date: October 08, 2017 06:32PM
Microman
Wrong place for this, but I didn't like his singing. Hard to compare to the real thing of course.

Bit flat. Nice gesture, though.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 08, 2017 08:25PM
They have 90 minutes to fill with entertainment. They chose to devote the cold opening to a tribute. It's not like doing so prevented them from donating money or voting or sending bottled water. It's a TV show, not a legislative body.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 08, 2017 11:10PM
$tevie
They have 90 60 minutes to fill with entertainment. They chose to devote the cold opening to a tribute. It's not like doing so prevented them from donating money or voting or sending bottled water. It's a TV show, not a legislative body.
FTFY.
Date: October 08, 2017 11:18PM
.....he is a country singer and that 'twang can be mistaken for singing off key....and of course comparing to the original as sung by Tom Petty......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015