advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best Place to Buy New iPhone 6s 64gb
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 09, 2017 12:40AM
What reputable outlet has the best deals for this model? Anyone shopped in the past year or so for an old stock model?

I know there are new ones on Apple.com but they don't list 64gb - do local stores sell 64gb? Fleabay has new 64gb for $350-400+ (recent sold listings). Wondering also if one can buy AppleCare or whatever they're calling the extended warranty for these eBay phones. Is that a good deal, still, vs. something like SquareTrade? Been a long time since I bought any new Apple gear. This is for my Ma. She has two 5 models, both of which have "issues." Suffice it to say she definitely needs warranty for accidental damage.

Thanks, y'all.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best Place to Buy New iPhone 6s 64gb
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 09, 2017 12:49AM
Does she really need 64 GB? Yeah, maybe not enough for you, or others, but guessing her needs are far far less than most? Especially based on the fact shes been using an iPhone 5... so overkill...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: billb
Date: October 09, 2017 01:06AM
[www.apple.com]

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: October 09, 2017 01:32AM
Thanks guys, will check out those refurbs. Yeah she pretty much needs the 64; she is terrible at deleting photos, videos, etc. She was using a 5s 64 til recently here when it won't charge or ring anymore...for reasons unrelated to quality.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 09, 2017 02:10AM
For $40 more you can get the 128 GB refurb, to future proof it some more.

[www.apple.com]

The refurb store also has the 6s Plus if she's been wanting the bigger screen.

[www.apple.com]

And remember that the refubs have a full one year warranty and you can buy Apple Care Plus for them too.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 09, 2017 02:15AM
SteveO
Thanks guys, will check out those refurbs. Yeah she pretty much needs the 64; she is terrible at deleting photos, videos, etc. She was using a 5s 64 til recently here when it won't charge or ring anymore...for reasons unrelated to quality.

Hmm, my wife is too, but shes never filled her 32 GB iP 7. Just kept transferring from 4, 5, 6, to 7.

Wonder if you checked the storage it would show how much shes actually using.

Probably also a great candiditate for iCloud, get the photos backed up too. Never have to plug it in.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Carm
Date: October 09, 2017 05:10AM
I'd go the Apple refurb route. AppleCare is easier to deal with, from experience. Wife has a 6s Plus 64GB that needs a new screen because the inside has a discoloration on the screen. Not broken at all just discolored in a small spot like it had pressure on it that damaged the screen but did not break the glass. Anyways it's going to only cost an additional $29.
Date: October 09, 2017 08:19AM
Thanks for all the comments.

>Wonder if you checked the storage it would show how much shes actually using.

At this point it doesn't matter since I get that 64 refurb for 429 - she needs a phone basically today here and they don't have any 32gb. The price diff on a refurb would be pretty negligible anyway for going the 32 route. And I keep going back to knowing my mom the way I know my mom, a 64 is the way to go for her. If nothing else, gives me insurance not to have her call me every few months (as has been the case) and ask why she's out of space. RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 09, 2017 09:25AM
Grand Daughter bought a 6S Plus, and is selling her 6S with 64gig. Right now its in craigslist, it is still under Apple Care until December. But she wants as much as possible. But it has been new since in a case since leaving the Apple Store. Used on T Mobile, and is unlocked for all.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: October 09, 2017 10:52AM
I bought refurbs from Groupon actually. Working well so far. I purchased 128gb models for my wife and I.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 09, 2017 12:19PM
ztirffritz
I bought refurbs from Groupon actually. Working well so far. I purchased 128gb models for my wife and I.

Are they real Apple refurbs with full Apple warranty, or really just used phones?
Posted by: billb
Date: October 09, 2017 12:26PM
GGD
ztirffritz

Are they real Apple refurbs with full Apple warranty, or really just used phones?

[www.groupon.com]

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: rz
Date: October 09, 2017 02:20PM
I bought one on CL for $225 about six months ago. Yes, it's a 6s 64GB. The guy's wife got it as a replacement, and decided she wanted a 7 instead.
Posted by: wurm
Date: October 09, 2017 02:56PM
I don't even know if it's a particularly good deal, but apparently Fry's has them for $399 new.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 09, 2017 03:17PM
wurm
I don't even know if it's a particularly good deal, but apparently Fry's has them for $399 new.

Seems to be mostly sold out except at City of Industry store.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015