advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Now trying to fix this 42" Vizio TV with a Flicker
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 11, 2017 11:14AM
Have this 42” Vizio, that has been sitting in the garage for a year because of the display I was seeing this. And if I remember correctly from a year ago, after a while the screen would go black.

Its the VO42L FHDTV10A with only one inverter board. No Master and Slave, Just one on the left side.

Just like working on cars, the diagnosis is most of the work.

I have been searching for what to replace or fix. T-Con board , the One inverter board, or Main Board..,power supply, but can’t seem to find the answer of what it might be.

I haven’t been able to find any definitive video on youtube, or link that shows my exact tv, with my exact problem. So hard to purchase one of the 4 boards, when not sure.

Have a local place that is a hole in the wall, that collects old LCD’s and must sell boards, etc, will see if he has any working knowledge of what would cause the screen to do that.
I have the back off, and all boards are accessible. Will stop by a place a couple miles from my house to ask for help.

Are there any places that sell the parts that might know what parts to eliminate from purchasing for this condition? Or does anyone have any experience or suggestions. That Shopjimmy site, says they don’t support troubleshooting questions, seems like only purchase questions.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Now trying to fix this 42" Vizio TV with a Flicker
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 11, 2017 11:39AM
can you unplug and re-plug all those connectors? it may be as simple as a corroded/loose connector.
Re: Now trying to fix this 42" Vizio TV with a Flicker
Posted by: mikebw
Date: October 11, 2017 03:52PM
One way to test a T-con board is to try different inputs (like HDMI 1/2, AV, S-video etc..). If some look fine and others not then T-con is your problem for sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015