Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Happy Paraskevidekatriaphobia Day!
Posted by: DP
Date: October 13, 2017 07:13AM
It's Friday the 13th!

Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13 and Paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th. But 13 has always been lucky for me... Anyone here brave enough to admit their fear or superstition?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Happy Paraskevidekatriaphobia Day!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 13, 2017 09:05AM
Let me watch the news first.
Posted by: DP
Date: October 13, 2017 09:28AM
lol...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 13, 2017 09:30AM
Oh, you and your big words. And your small, difficult words.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 13, 2017 10:42AM
Brave passengers board last ever Flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th
[www.telegraph.co.uk]
13 October 2017 • 2:49pm

Fearless flyers will laugh in the face of superstition today when they board the last ever Flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th. Travelling on the “unluckiest day of the year” could save you some pounds, but a journey straight to HEL on the 13th hour of the superstitious date is one flight most would probably like to avoid. Nordic airline Finnair has flown brave passengers from Copenhagen, Denmark, to Helsinki, Finland, on Friday the 13th since 2006. However, today will be the last time Flight 666 flies to Hel, as the airline has decided to retire the flight number.

“Today will actually be the final time that our AY666 flight flies to HEL,” a spokesperson for the airline said. “As of October 29, some of our flight numbers in our network will change and our AY666 flight from Copenhagen to Helsinki will change to AY954. “In 11 years, we’ve flown 21 times the AY666 flight to HEL on Friday the 13th.”

Flight 666 is set to depart from the Danish capital at 1:20pm and is scheduled to arrive in Helsinki shortly before 4pm.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 13, 2017 11:18AM
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: October 13, 2017 11:34AM
Owning a black cat negates bad luck on Friday the 13th.
Posted by: jardster
Date: October 13, 2017 01:29PM
No bad luck here.... every Friday the 13th is Colgate Day! Colgate U's lucky number is 13.... started by 13 men, with 13 prayers, and 13 dollars. The street address of the school is 13 Oak Drive. The zip is 13346 (1st 2 numbers make 13, the last 3 added together are 13).

Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 13, 2017 04:52PM
Lizabeth
Owning a black cat negates bad luck on Friday the 13th.
Then I'm all set! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018