advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Combo Microwave/Convection Oven?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 18, 2017 08:35PM
Does this exist? If so any recommendations? My cheapo Walmart microwave sparked its life away this week and looking for something better. I'd like a toaster oven and microwave, but I don't know if this is a thing...

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Combo Microwave/Convection Oven?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 18, 2017 09:08PM
I know my local 7-11 has one, but it's a commercial model. Pretty bitchin' though.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 18, 2017 09:20PM
Last time I checked, which was a few years ago, Panasonic had a couple that made me drool. Not sure what's available nowadays.
==
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: October 18, 2017 09:35PM
Almost all RVs nowadays have one. I'd look at places that sell RV parts.

The one in my previous RV worked great. I used it to bake bread. Haven't tried that in the one in my new RV yet though. Damn diet!
Posted by: Forrest
Date: October 18, 2017 10:09PM
Sharp still makes a convection microwave oven - for about $600
Posted by: MikeF
Date: October 18, 2017 10:45PM
They're made by Kenmore, Samsung, many others. Cheaper than $600, but still way more than a plain microwave.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 19, 2017 08:35AM
bobinmurphy

The one in my previous RV worked great. I used it to bake bread. Haven't tried that in the one in my new RV yet though. Damn diet!

agree smiley

My Super-C Class RV has a Frigidaire microwave ~ convection combo.

A quick Google search shows them as low as $300.
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: October 19, 2017 10:01AM
We have a Kitchen Aid, but it is a built in.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 20, 2017 12:11AM
testcase
bobinmurphy

agree smiley

My Super-C Class RV has a Frigidaire microwave ~ convection combo.

A quick Google search shows them as low as $300.

Oooooh, Super C, well La De Da!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 20, 2017 11:37AM
Thanks everybody for the help! I think I will just get me two separate ones. I like the thought, but I'm not that strapped for room in the kitchen!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: raz
Date: October 20, 2017 12:07PM
kurtzie
We have a Kitchen Aid, but it is a built in.

So do we. It adds the vent hood function.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018