advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Am I the only one frustrated by ios 11?
Posted by: JPK
Date: October 23, 2017 11:48AM
My and my wife's iphones are barely useable now. These are only a year or so old 6S+ phones. Keyboard lag, 10-15 seconds to open up apps. My iPad has restarted itself 4 times over the weekend in the middle of activity. This has never happened before.

Is 11 a mess or what?

Any ideas how to mitigate and make these somewhat more useable before Apple gets around to fixing this version. (we are on 11.0.3)

JPK
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Am I the only one frustrated by ios 11?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: October 23, 2017 12:02PM
Not seeing any of that on my iPad Mini 4 or my iPhone 6.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: October 23, 2017 12:06PM
My iPad's have done ok on IOS11 but my iPhone 6s has had trouble. Weird screen glitches, lag in apps, freezes etc. I wish I had not loaded it but it was the only way to get the most recent WatchOS.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 23, 2017 12:23PM
3 iPads (air and retina mini 2s), 3 iPhones (6, SE & 7) and a touch (5?) are all trouble free... unless we are talking about the UI...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: rz
Date: October 23, 2017 01:10PM
I'm not frustrated by it at all. Maybe it's because I'm not using it.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 23, 2017 02:15PM
No frustration here...fine on iP7 and iPadMini2.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Pam
Date: October 23, 2017 03:54PM
My only frustration is when I'm using it in my car. Previously as long as it was plugged in and charging the screen didn't lock. Now it does. Major pita when using google maps. Turning screen lock off every time I need to use google maps means remembering to turn it off. Plus seeing the light from the display the entire time is bad at night.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 23, 2017 04:25PM
I'm holding at v10x (and wish I'd stayed at v9).
Posted by: DP
Date: October 23, 2017 04:53PM
Did you reboot the iPhones?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 23, 2017 05:12PM
Have not noticed a problem on my 6s.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: October 23, 2017 07:48PM
Have you force-rebooted via holding sleep+home buttons simultaneously for several seconds?

Considered backing up your photos to the Photos app or via Image Capture, then transferring purchases from the phone via iTunes, backing up your iPhone (encrypted to ensure that your passwords are saved) to iTunes and then wiping your phone and restoring from backup in iTunes?

...After installing iOS 11.0.3 I found that the Music app showed all of my "Downloaded" tracks grayed out. The music was unplayable. After trying a bunch of other stuff I eventually went thru the routine above and got my music back.

Posted by: blooz
Date: October 23, 2017 09:47PM
I started the upgrade on my 5s and sometime later noticed my screen was black, and clicked on the home button. Nothing happened. I had to do the forced restart several times only to finally get a message saying there was a problem and I would have to upgrade or restore. It gave me an option for upgrade so i clicked that tho that was what i had been doing in the first place. Nor result there except a return of the upgrade or restore screen. I reluctantly chose restore, nothing happened. Tried upgrade again and finally the phone started responding. I was happy to note that none of my info had been deleted—contacts, photos, music all there.
Since then no problem but I may pass on doing anymore upgrading for a while.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 09:48PM by blooz.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 23, 2017 10:19PM
We are sticking with iOS10 on our iphones, iOS11 is iPad only at the moment. Seems good on the iPads.
Posted by: gabester
Date: October 24, 2017 05:03PM
My work phone has to be on the latest. I'm hating the battery drain on an iPhone 6... I used to be able to go 2.5 days between charges... after updating, even through 11.0.3 (so yes I had rebooted with the new updates) I'd be lucky to get from a full charge on one morning to the next.

It seems kind of ridiculous that with ample storage to spare the only "solution" seems to be to wipe the phone and start from scratch!

For what it's worth I did finally manage to get closer to 2 days after enabling very aggressive power management and minimizing of background tasks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020