advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
See it before it goes. Lord & Taylor fabled NYC flagship store sold for $850 Million.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 24, 2017 12:27PM

Gonna miss those holiday windows

[www.570news.com]
TORONTO – Hudson’s Bay Co. (TSX:HBC) is selling its Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building in New York in a deal valued at C$1.075 billion and partnering with workspace company WeWork.

“The acquisition by WeWork Property Advisors of the Lord & Taylor flagship building on Fifth Avenue is a statement of intent and commitment by WeWork to New York City,” said Adam Neumann, the company’s co-founder and CEO.

Under the deal announced Tuesday, Lord & Taylor retail operations will continue to occupy all of the Manhattan location through the end of next year’s holiday season. After that, Lord & Taylor will occupy a smaller redesigned space in the building.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: See it before it goes. Lord & Taylor fabled NYC flagship store sold for $850 Million.
Posted by: 3d
Date: October 24, 2017 01:36PM
Well, there's still Bergdorf, Saks, Bloomingdales, and Barney's (and Macy's if you're really desperate).
It's a tough market in Manhattan.
I still mourn the closing of Takashimaya and their distinctive triangular shopping bag sad smiley
Re: See it before it goes. Lord & Taylor fabled NYC flagship store sold for $850 Million.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 24, 2017 02:08PM
....The Lord......works in mysterious ways......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015