advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How do I "reinstall" a missing framework? (/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework ain't there!)
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: October 24, 2017 01:06PM
I've been trying for two days to get a piece of Security Camera software working... it crashes on opening, with the tidbit;

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/Versions/A/CoreImage
  Referenced from: /Applications/DW Spectrum.app/Contents/Frameworks/libavfilter.6.dylib
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Network/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/Versions/A/CoreImage: stat() failed with errno=5

So, I find I don't have a /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/

"Ah, Ha" I thinks... I will find a copy someplace, and "re"-install said doohicky.

Well, great, except I cannot google for the life of me where that system component COMES FROM.

I even used this as an excuse to finally update from Mavericks to Yosemite on my work computer... not exactly "up to date", but moving in the right direction. Sort of. My Network Utility is gone... that's another story. Installing Yosemite did NOT magically give me a copy of that CoreImage.framework.

All I can say for sure is, it's been a "thing" since OS 10.4, and it is not in my /System/Library/Frameworks, nor is it in that location on any system I have imaged in the last two years (dating back to 10.4).

Where the @#$% do I get a copy of /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework/ ?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How do I "reinstall" a missing framework? (/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework ain't there!)
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 24, 2017 01:16PM
Can't help with the framework, but there still is a Network Utility in Yosemite. I can find it using Spotlight, just try typing in the name and it should show up. Not sure where Apple is hiding it, it is not in Utilities or Applications under that name.
Re: How do I "reinstall" a missing framework? (/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework ain't there!)
Date: October 24, 2017 01:18PM
JoeH
Can't help with the framework, but there still is a Network Utility in Yosemite. I can find it using Spotlight, just try typing in the name and it should show up. Not sure where Apple is hiding it, it is not in Utilities or Applications under that name.

Oh, hey, there it is! My dock icon was busted, and it wasn't at the original path...
Well, at least THAT works again! :-)
Thanks.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: numbered
Date: October 24, 2017 01:40PM
Hmmm, I am running Sierra and the core image framework is in

system/library/frameworks

I am kind of surprised that you could run at all without it?

I started Time Machine to see if I had an older copy....and Time Machine reports it is damaged. Argh. So now it is getting DiskWarriored. (Time Machine has been running without reporting any errors. This is not good.)

Will see if I can find an older version. Someone else running 10.10 who could post the folder?
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 24, 2017 01:50PM
This discussion implies that the app was built to require 10.11 (El Capitan) or later. And the "easy" solution is to upgrade to El Cap.

[forum.juce.com]
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 24, 2017 01:55PM
I have 10.10 Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. It was the version installed on it when I bought it as a refurb from Apple, that specific framework does not exist in that folder on my MBP. It has CoreGraphics followed by CoreLocation, no CoreImage in between. Possibly added in a later version of OS X.
Date: October 24, 2017 02:09PM
GGD
This discussion implies that the app was built to require 10.11 (El Capitan) or later. And the "easy" solution is to upgrade to El Cap.

[forum.juce.com]

Yes, but the company specifies that this client software is "compatible with OS 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, or 10.11"...

And it would be "easy" if I had the installer for ElCap... I thought I did... but not seeing it right now.

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: riley5108
Date: October 24, 2017 02:17PM
CoreImage.framework is definitely in El Cap 10.11.6 /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreImage.framework and contains (coleimage) and 2 folders (Resources) and (Versions)...

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town
Date: October 24, 2017 02:28PM
Well, it seems I have a clone of an ElCap system, and DID find the CoreImage.framework!
Added it to my /System/Library/Frameworks, and... now it's crashing because it doesn't have a different framework.

At least I'm making progress!

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: October 24, 2017 02:41PM
Does the App run on the El Cap system without error instead of trying to copy these frameworks? Sounds like the developer screwed up and built it to require 10.11 despite what their documentation says.

And here's how to get the El Capitan installer. You might need to do it when running from some older hardware that doesn't support Sierra.

[support.apple.com]
Date: October 24, 2017 02:46PM
GGD;
I'm getting a ticket started with the software manufacturer... but last time, it took more than a MONTH to get a call from them.

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately, I don't have a piece of hardware that can RUN ElCap right now... (my iMac I need to keep "back" a bit, and I've issued every other piece of compatible hardware! The cupboard is bare at the moment...).

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: October 25, 2017 03:07PM
I finally got to the bottom of the problem!

The company LIED about what OS versions the software supports. Their sales rep lied to me, and their web site is STILL listing the wrong information.
It took TWO support techs to figure out that the company had lied to me during the purchase process.

Not a happy camper...

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: October 26, 2017 09:19AM
Paul F.
Their sales rep lied to me

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED!

Sorry about that, it really was behaving as if it was built to require 10.11, and now that really seems to be the case.
Date: October 26, 2017 12:38PM
GGD
Paul F.
Their sales rep lied to me

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED!

Sorry about that, it really was behaving as if it was built to require 10.11, and now that really seems to be the case.

Yup.. I was being bullheaded thinking "that can't be it...". In retrospect, it really was leading that way, right from the beginning. Oh well, live and learn!

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015