advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Weak google fu...need help finding this post base bracket
Posted by: Bo
Date: November 09, 2017 08:46PM
All I have is this low res photo to go by. I think it is essentially what I modeled in the rendering. Presumably 1/8" powder coated steel for a 4x4 post. Simpson has some bases but not quite this. Ideally I need to match it.

Any help appreciated!

-Bo

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Weak google fu...need help finding this post base bracket
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: November 09, 2017 10:48PM
I found this bracket on this site, but it only close, not exact.

Posted by: MikeF
Date: November 09, 2017 10:51PM
Close:
[ajdoor.com]

Look for "two ear bracket" or "post base" or "column base". The majority of things I found don't look close and it might be cheaper to have a local metal place make one...
Date: November 10, 2017 10:39AM
Hm...that could work! Looks like you both honed in on the same product! That just might be close enough that I can get away with it. Will get in touch with them for pricing.

Thanks for the search help!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 10, 2017 11:35AM
Bo
All I have is this low res photo to go by. I think it is essentially what I modeled in the rendering. Presumably 1/8" powder coated steel for a 4x4 post. Simpson has some bases but not quite this. Ideally I need to match it.
Any help appreciated!

They usually have the bolts inside. Does it need to be outside ears on the base? Is this a patch/fix for a deck post over a concrete slab? Are you drilling new holes in concrete, or is it existing bolts and a new bracket for the post?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: November 11, 2017 01:29PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Bo
Any help appreciated!

They usually have the bolts inside. Does it need to be outside ears on the base? Is this a patch/fix for a deck post over a concrete slab? Are you drilling new holes in concrete, or is it existing bolts and a new bracket for the post?

None of the above. Designing and spec'ing hardware for about 20 temporary, single post signs that ideally would match the low res image. However, these need to be freestanding so will likely be attached to wood bases or maybe pre-cast piers...tbd. So mostly an aesthetic issue of a consistent look.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 190
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015