Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
VUDU and Movies Everywhere
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 12, 2017 10:36AM
Recently Disney Everywhere has expanded to several other Studios as "Movies Everywhere"
[moviesanywhere.com]

Pretty good deal if you have a mixed Apple/NonApple ecosystem; It liberates your purchases from any one storefront as well; your Amazon and VUDU purchases are now available on iTunes/iPhone/AppleTV, and vice versa.

And they are offering free movies for signing up as well.

One thing that intrigued me is that VUDU offers a "Disc to Digital" service that will upgrade your 480p DVDs to 1080p "HDX" for $5 each. Thats a pretty good deal IMO. You can also get an SD version for $2 each, a lot easier than ripping and converting

Has anybody done this? If so, have you linked your VUDO to Movies Anywhere?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: VUDU and Movies Everywhere
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: November 12, 2017 01:21PM
I linked my Vudu account with Movies Anywhere and it works as advertised. Now in my iTunes library, I see movies I got through Vudu and vice versa.

I haven't used their Disc to Digital service since Vudu was bought by Walmart, but I had used it before and again, it worked without issue.

It is nice to have most of the studios participating and allowing for consolidated libraries.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 12, 2017 01:48PM
Movies Everywhere is new to me. Thanks!

This CNET FAQ provides the details about the service, if, like I did, you find the Welcome page to be a bit too heavy on simplified sizzle:

[www.cnet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 01:51PM by Acer.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 12, 2017 04:17PM
Gilbert
I haven't used their Disc to Digital service since Vudu was bought by Walmart, but I had used it before and again, it worked without issue.

If you have an AppleTV 4k, will those appear in 4k? Imagine upgrading a DVD to 4k iTunes for $5?!?!?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015