advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
it ain't over 'til its over?!.....this huge movie franchise is not over, returning as TV show.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 13, 2017 12:23PM
.....a la 'Game of Thrones' with multi-season commitment and with possible spin-off.......'Lord of the Rings'.......on Amazon......

.......it will explore stories before 'the Fellowship of the Ring'......

Lord of the Rings Series Lands at Amazon With Multi-Season Commitment Plus a Potential Spinoff

.....Amazon announced on Monday that it has acquired the global TV rights to J.R.R. Tolkien’s celebrated The Lord of the Rings fantasy novels, with a multi-season commitment that includes the potential for an additional spin-off series.

The Amazon Prime Original — which will explore new storylines preceding Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring — will be produced by Amazon Studios in cooperation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line Cinema (a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment).

“The Lord of the Rings is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen,” Amazon scripted chief Sharon Tal Yguado said in a statement. “We are honored to be working with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line on this exciting collaboration for television and are thrilled to be taking The Lord of the Rings fans on a new epic journey in Middle Earth.”

“We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

anything to extend that money coming in.....even beating a franchise to death......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 12:34PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: it ain't over 'til its over?!.....this huge movie franchise is not over, returning as TV show.....
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: November 13, 2017 12:51PM
I look forward to not watching it on a small screen, to see how it compares with not seeing it in a theater.

I don’t want the images I have of the characters that were formed reading the books to be replaced by someone else’s, however good the effects might be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 12:51PM by ka jowct.
Re: it ain't over 'til its over?!.....this huge movie franchise is not over, returning as TV show.....
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 13, 2017 01:12PM
It's not clear if they broke the Tolkien family embargo on the Silmarillion, et al material. I'm guessing not, and the family is compelled to cooperate at least this much because of the early deal for the LOTR.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 13, 2017 01:19PM
Endless orc battles? No thanks.

The really big one is going to be the 10-12 episodes per book Harry Potter series. (After the sickly 'Fantastic Beasts' franchise peters out.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 13, 2017 04:07PM
The LoTR Mythology: Pt 1 & 2:
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: November 13, 2017 05:25PM
ka jowct
...I don’t want the images I have of the characters that were formed reading the books to be replaced by someone else’s...

I would think you could appreciate a movie without destroying a memory of a book. If you still haven't seen the trilogy based on this logic, then you're missing out on a really good adaptation that received a lot of praise. The Hobbit remake, on the other hand, is best avoided.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Date: November 13, 2017 05:48PM
Marc Anthony
ka jowct
...I don’t want the images I have of the characters that were formed reading the books to be replaced by someone else’s...

I would think you could appreciate a movie without destroying a memory of a book. If you still haven't seen the trilogy based on this logic, then you're missing out on a really good adaptation that received a lot of praise. The Hobbit remake, on the other hand, is best avoided.

The few previews I saw were enough to put me off. I really don't want anything getting in the way of the way I visualize the characters, etc. The movies would surely do that. I feel no need to see any film based on Tolkien. It's my preference for this particular author, not a general thing.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 13, 2017 05:51PM
I for one, would like to see a big screen adaptation of "The Bored of the Rings" perhaps by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 13, 2017 06:06PM
The LOTR movies seemed to be all about war and battles.

I don't remember the books being anything like that.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: November 13, 2017 06:07PM
"Bored of the Rings"-now there's a classic!
"He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. 'It's a pity I've run out of bullets,' he thought.”
"Hairy toes, I love hairy toes!"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 13, 2017 10:22PM
"Lord of the rings to be TV Series."

8 words. No silly clickbait.
Posted by: raz
Date: November 14, 2017 02:33PM
anonymouse1
"Bored of the Rings"-now there's a classic!
"He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. 'It's a pity I've run out of bullets,' he thought.”
"Hairy toes, I love hairy toes!"

Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Shoot. Swish.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Date: November 17, 2017 12:26PM
How about the siege engines bombarding Minestrone with flaming matzoh balls and the collected works of Rod McKuen?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015