Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Set to Slash iPhone 8 Production
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 13, 2017 02:41PM
It's not selling. Stay calm -- this is a good thing.

[www.fool.com]

According to generally reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via MacRumors), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is set to reduce the production of the iPhone 8, which first went up for sale on Sept. 22, by between 50% and 60% in the current quarter.

The production cut, Kuo says, is due to "fewer major selling points" and a "consumer preference for iPhone 8 Plus" given the mere $100 price difference between the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus.

Fortunately, though Kuo says that while iPhone 8 demand isn't as strong as Apple had hoped, does have some good news for Apple investors.

First, the larger iPhone 8 Plus is apparently selling a bit better than expected (something that Apple CEO Tim Cook confirmed on the company's Nov. 2 earnings conference call). Additionally, Kuo thinks that Apple is going to ratchet up iPhone X production by 35%-40% in the current quarter to help reach supply-demand balance for the company's latest iPhone.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Set to Slash iPhone 8 Production
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 13, 2017 03:09PM
Yeah - for myself, I have my eyes on the plus. Same dual-camera with optical stabilization, same wireless charging (which I think I would make use of) as the X.

For just $100 more, I can put up with the plus's larger screen. wink smiley
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 13, 2017 03:21PM
pdq
Yeah - for myself, I have my eyes on the plus. Same dual-camera with optical stabilization, same wireless charging (which I think I would make use of) as the X.

For just $100 more, I can put up with the plus's larger screen. wink smiley

The size of the X is appealing to me, I always felt the Plus phones were a bit too big.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 13, 2017 03:28PM
.......and production for the iPhone 9 is almost non-existent........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 13, 2017 03:35PM
pdq

FYI, there is a difference in the cameras between the 8 Plus and X. 8 Plus only has the wide angle lens with optical stabilization. X has both lenses with optical stabilization, plus the telephoto is slightly faster (f/2.4 vs f/2.8).
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 13, 2017 04:17PM
NewtonMP2100
.......and production for the iPhone 9 is almost non-existent........

From you I was expecting a joke about iPhone 6 and 9, i.e. a 69 joke. I am quite disappointed.
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 13, 2017 07:41PM
I won't buy a cell phone that doesn't have a headphone jack. I sure hope the iPhone SEX has one...
g=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015