advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Star Trek....Continues!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 14, 2017 07:52AM
If you are a Trek fan, you're probably arare of the "mixed" reaction that Discovery is getting! The fact they've abandoned just about everything that makes Star Trek....Star Trek, etc.

One of the reasons so many longtime Trek fans can't stand it is how much more respectful the fan productions were to the the Trek aesthetic.

Axanar
[www.youtube.com]

Star Trek New Voyages/ Phase II
[www.youtube.com]

and Star Trek Continues. These guys have done a really great job and they just finished up their series with an excellent 2 parter. Like all fan productions, the acting is ...iffy, but its done with obvious love.
Part 1
[www.youtube.com]
Part 2
[www.youtube.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Star Trek....Continues!
Posted by: p8712
Date: November 14, 2017 08:39AM
I love continues. Could care less about Discovery.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 14, 2017 05:38PM
Although Vic Mignogna's voice has a different character from Wm Shatner's, I think his performance is amazing, particularly in the first episode. His body language is spot on.

I'm disappointed Axanar has had its wings clipped. Based on the preview, a full length movie would have been superb. Still, I'm looking forward to their upcoming features.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 05:40PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 15, 2017 01:15AM
Also, there's a Doohan acting!
(I meant to post about this fan production here on a previous Star Trek thread but I'm not always at a computer where I'm logged into the forum and can't usually remember my password.)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 15, 2017 07:29AM
Anyone heard of Eric Henry's "Pacific 201"? Another fan project as well!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015