advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Trapped in Vermont... visit the Trapp family lodge ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 14, 2017 03:17PM
It's cool to see the lodge is growing. You see, my parents got engaged at the lodge in the 1950's, and Maria (yes, that one) was the very first person my mother told after my father asked and she accepted. Last week while visiting Mom said Maria spotted the ring, and dragged her aside to have a wonderful chat about marriage and husbands and children. I had never heard the story before, but I knew they had gone skiing up there on a weekend trip before they were married.

[www.cnn.com]

"A year ago, they opened the von Trapp Brewing Bierhall, a casual eatery that serves lagers and kombucha on tap, and have started making a bigger deal of the literal farm-to-table food, grown and raised on the property, on menus."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trapped in Vermont... visit the Trapp family lodge ?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 14, 2017 03:19PM
......does this confirm that Love.....Is the Tender Trapp......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: michaelb
Date: November 14, 2017 03:23PM
I have never seen the movie, but if you really are trapped in Stowe Vermont there are definitely some great brewpubs you can fortify yourself in as you make your escape.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 14, 2017 09:22PM
michaelb
I have never seen the movie, but if you really are trapped in Stowe Vermont there are definitely some great brewpubs you can fortify yourself in as you make your escape.

Are you sure? Last time I checked, only about a dozen people worldwide have not seen “The Sound of Music.” eek2 smiley

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 14, 2017 10:06PM
Ammo
michaelb

Are you sure? Last time I checked, only about a dozen people worldwide have not seen “The Sound of Music.” eek2 smiley

Dang, I did not know I was that unusual! At most I have seen a few clips of scenes from the movie, never have watched the entire thing.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 14, 2017 10:57PM
If for no other reason, watch it to appreciate Julie Andrews in her youthful prime.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 14, 2017 11:54PM
Ammo
michaelb

I, on the other hand, have heard the soundtrack several thousand times, played from one of the 3 audio cassettes my mom took on road trips when I was a child. Also, the FIRST VHS tape my parents purchased when they got their first VCR.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 15, 2017 08:33AM
I know what I'll be watching tonight.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: November 15, 2017 08:46AM
....hope not the version with Carrie Underwood.....

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 15, 2017 09:28AM
Racer X
Ammo
michaelb

I, on the other hand, have heard the soundtrack several thousand times, played from one of the 3 audio cassettes my mom took on road trips when I was a child. Also, the FIRST VHS tape my parents purchased when they got their first VCR.

Sounds like my story. My parents took me to see the movie at the theatre, it most have been a release
because I was only 3 when the movie came out. My mother was a fairly big music lover and had the
soundtrack on vinyl. I made a recording of it with my portable cassette deck when I must have been about
10 or 12. My sister had several friends over one Sat. and one was in my class at Jr. High. She came into more room
and heard me listening to 'The Sound of Music'. For the longest time I was picked on by her and band of
toadies and called Sound of Music. Just something that sticks in your head. I guess I got my love of
different genres of music from my Mother. She liked Classical, Brass, and many others. My son like
Classical but my wife doesn't get it all.

Grateful11
Date: November 15, 2017 09:35AM
......trivia.....the smallest girl got fat during filming because everyone was feeding her hot chocolate and sweets......you may see that her size fluctuates in the movie......

.......during the mountain climbing scene they had to use a double because she was too heavy for Christopher Plummer to keep carrying........

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 15, 2017 09:55AM
NewtonMP2100
......trivia.....the smallest girl got fat during filming because everyone was feeding her hot chocolate and sweets......you may see that her size fluctuates in the movie......

.......during the mountain climbing scene they had to use a double because she was too heavy for Christopher Plummer to keep carrying........

Newt, that's adorable.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 15, 2017 10:49PM
In my childhood, Sound of Music was one of a short list of long movies on TV I was allowed to stay up past my normal bedtime to watch.
Date: November 16, 2017 06:44AM
....the aired version was always 'edited' due to length and 'content'.....never realized until I saw the full versions many years later....they cut certain parts of musical numbers and a lot of the 'stronger' Nazi elements.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015