advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
54yrs since jfk murdered
Posted by: robfilms
Date: November 22, 2017 01:17PM
nov 22, 1963 is still a date that bothers me.

though kennedy is less important now than way back when, the whole thing is still a national tragedy.

at least to me.

be well.

rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 01:17PM by robfilms.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 54yrs since jfk murdered
Posted by: Pops
Date: November 22, 2017 01:52PM
I still recall where I was. Strange, in some ways, that it evoked such a searing memory for so many.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 22, 2017 02:36PM
Yeah, that memory does stick with you. I was in my third grade classroom at a parochial school when it was announced over the loudspeaker by the principal. One girl in my class completely lost it, understandable as she was a distant relative of Kennedy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 03:49PM by JoeH.
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 22, 2017 03:32PM
50+ years and ALL the records still have not been released. I wonder WHO is being protected? dunno smiley
Posted by: vicrock
Date: November 22, 2017 03:32PM
I think everyone who was alive then remembers where they were when they heard - Just like 9/11 evokes memories to those younger.

Thinking of the "release of documents" - just what could be in them that had to be kept a deep dark secret for 54 years??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 03:33PM by vicrock.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 22, 2017 03:56PM
testcase
50+ years and ALL the records still have not been released. I wonder WHO is being protected? dunno smiley

I was thinking about that too. Even Trump didn't release all the records. Most everyone involved or connected would have to be dead or retired. Unless there is some bit of intelligence machinery that is still operational and it connects in a big way to Moscow or maybe Havana. It is curious.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 22, 2017 04:11PM
Easy enough for someone active in intelligence or security who was active then to have recruited persons who still are active. Depends what information is in the records and who or what that can be connected with. Doubt that explains all of the records still withheld, but could apply to a portion.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 22, 2017 05:04PM
I don't remember the actual day he was shot, (I was only five y.o.) But I do remember vividly the funeral procession on tv.

My brother and I were rough housing around the house and Mom yelled at us to pay attention to what was happening, as it was an important event. We shut up and watched, lest we felt the wrath of Mom.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: clyde
Date: November 22, 2017 07:19PM
Check this: [www.earthfiles.com]
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2017 08:18PM
It was turning on the TV set just in time to see Ruby shoot Oswald that really topped off a terrible, terrible weekend for me.
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 22, 2017 08:29PM
Freshman year in college, first class after lunch. German. Teacher who had escaped Germany over the Alps in a wood burning car (steam I presume) broke down and could not hold class.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: November 23, 2017 03:50PM
I was eight years old, in grade school. The teacher announced the President had been shot, and my steady diet of cowboy TV shows led me to believe he had just caught a bullet in the arm or something (the sanitized violence in those shows seldom portrayed anyone actually being killed). My mother picked me up at the end of the school day and she was weeping in the car.

In retrospect, perhaps the greatest tragedy of this event was that it showed just how easily the American public could be convinced to accept governmental explanations and conclusions that were highly suspect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 167
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020