Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by: DP
Date: November 23, 2017 06:53AM

Enjoy your holiday, all!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 23, 2017 07:31AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our forum family as well!

Going to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade; my wife's alma mater, our local Rockford High School marching band has the honor of participating this year! They also won the state championship in Michigan for the Flight 1 schools division. Go Rams!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 07:32AM by Sam3.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 23, 2017 07:39AM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 23, 2017 07:40AM
The Macys parade is as terrific in person as it is awful on television. Have a great time!

Kept warm-

It's chili out there!
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 23, 2017 07:43AM
Have a great day everyone!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 23, 2017 08:35AM

Go easy on the Beaujolais
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 23, 2017 08:41AM
I'm thankful for friends to share the Turkey with....

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DP
Date: November 23, 2017 08:42AM
Go easy on the Beaujolais

Yep-it's out now. Picked up a couple of bottles yesterday...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: November 23, 2017 08:49AM
Happy Overeating Day!
Turkey is in, some sides pre prepped, others getting worked on soon.
In laws here at 12:30, eat at 1PM.
SIL sleeping on couch by 2pm
MIL saying shhhh to the rest of us not to disturb her by 2:15pm
Wife and I wondering why we do this every year by 2:20 pm

Dave

The secret to a long life is...

Don't do anything to shorten it.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 23, 2017 09:02AM
Happy Happy to all my friends (I hope) here. Enjoy your turkey and dressing with mashed potatoes and gravy. Don't worry about pounds tomorrow. Just enjoy the flavors today!smiley-music039
Posted by: Spiff
Date: November 23, 2017 09:31AM
Happy Turkey Day to everyone! I'm excited as I'm trying my new electric turkey roaster. It's outside, so the cleanup is easier. It can also double as a smoker - so we are trying that as well. I'll let y'all know how it turns out! The Chinese buffet is open down the street if it does not work out....
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: November 23, 2017 09:42AM
Spiff
Happy Turkey Day to everyone! I'm excited as I'm trying my new electric turkey roaster. It's outside, so the cleanup is easier. It can also double as a smoker - so we are trying that as well. I'll let y'all know how it turns out! The Chinese buffet is open down the street if it does not work out....

The only time we use our electric roaster is for the few times a year we do a big turkey. They come out great. I never said I was smart, so it must be a good easy way to do them.

Dave

The secret to a long life is...

Don't do anything to shorten it.
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 23, 2017 10:36AM
Happy Thanksgiving All! D-smiling smiley
Posted by: Winston
Date: November 23, 2017 10:57AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are actually going out for Thanksgiving dinner, in a break with tradition. Does make for an easier day, but no leftovers!

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: riley5108
Date: November 23, 2017 11:25AM
Wishing all the forum family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

One of the few years our family will not be together --- time seems to pass so fast.

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 11:26AM by riley5108.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 23, 2017 12:34PM
I am Thankful for Amendment XXII.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: November 23, 2017 12:49PM
My wife is busy cooking and I’m assisting. Family will be here soon. Parade is on tv. My youngest daughter loves the parade. I record it every year so we sometimes watch it twice as we miss bits and pieces while prepping. I wish everyone on the forum a happy thanksgiving. You are all great and I appreciate you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 12:51PM by davemchine.
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 23, 2017 01:48PM
We do a lightly fried chicken and eat at a more normal time.

Only takes an hour or so to do the whole thing. =)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 01:50PM by jdc.
Posted by: Frank
Date: November 23, 2017 03:12PM
Watching the parade (delayed for Hawaii) now ... so colorful ... and so many ads!!
So much to be grateful for, including this forum ... a wonderful group of folks with nteresting and informative posts on every imaginable subject.
We'll be dining with friends at their house and we're taking tapioca and lilikoi chiffon pie.
Posted by: Winston
Date: November 23, 2017 06:33PM
Frank
Watching the parade (delayed for Hawaii) now ... so colorful ... and so many ads!!
So much to be grateful for, including this forum ... a wonderful group of folks with nteresting and informative posts on every imaginable subject.
We'll be dining with friends at their house and we're taking tapioca and lilikoi chiffon pie.

Not Spam? :-)

When we were in Hawaii at Christmas time a few years ago I took my older son one day to a Denny's to have loco moco. (Denny's was the only place I could find near where we were which had loco moco. Think this was in Wailea.) Suggested he try a dish with Spam. Couldn't convince him that Spam was actually pretty good (if high in salt).

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: Frank
Date: November 24, 2017 12:47AM
I like fried spam with eggs once in a while but try to eat a healthier diet. LOL

Winston
Frank

When we were in Hawaii at Christmas time a few years ago I took my older son one day to a Denny's to have loco moco. (Denny's was the only place I could find near where we were which had loco moco. Think this was in Wailea.) Suggested he try a dish with Spam. Couldn't convince him that Spam was actually pretty good (if high in salt).
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 24, 2017 02:40AM
Frank
I like fried spam with eggs once in a while but try to eat a healthier diet. LOL

Winston
Frank
So much to be grateful for, including this forum ... a wonderful group of folks with interesting and informative posts on every imaginable subject.

SPAM Lite, 25% less fat and salt. Still tastes quite good, especially crispy at the edges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2017 02:40AM by Racer X.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: November 24, 2017 05:07AM
From the "Six Feet Under" series, I have always thought of this as a very clear expression of giving thanks:

"...for food in a world where many walk in hunger, for faith in a world where many walk in fear, and for friends in a world where many walk alone, we give thanks."

I have edited it, slightly to render it less religious, while still keeping its spirit.

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 24, 2017 07:33AM
Racer X
Frank

Winston
Frank
So much to be grateful for, including this forum ... a wonderful group of folks with interesting and informative posts on every imaginable subject.

SPAM Lite, 25% less fat and salt. Still tastes quite good, especially crispy at the edges.

.....agreed, this is what I eat when I eat SPAM....the less salt is a plus as the regular has a lot of sodium.....less fat is good also.....they mix I think chicken into it to reduce the fat/salt.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 24, 2017 01:43PM
Happy belated T-Day wishes!

I'm just waking up from a severe food coma. yawning smiley

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 24, 2017 03:08PM
NewtonMP2100
Racer X
Frank

Winston
Frank

.....agreed, this is what I eat when I eat SPAM....the less salt is a plus as the regular has a lot of sodium.....less fat is good also.....they mix I think chicken into it to reduce the fat/salt.....

Yup, just looked. Chicken is added. Still tastes great to me. Cubed, fried up crispy, then scramble together with eggs and cheddar cheese. Sourdough toast. Enjoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 191
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015