advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Black what? Cyber who?
Posted by: Buck
Date: November 28, 2017 11:35AM
It's Tuesday. And I haven't bought a thing in a week.
Black what? Cyber who?
I'm glad it's over. Stuff does not make one happy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Black what? Cyber who?
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 28, 2017 12:13PM
I'm glad it's over. Stuff does not make one happy.

You're in luck (maybe). Today is Giving Tuesday!

People are donating more than they ever have to charities. There’s no time when such giving is more on display than today, Giving Tuesday, a day when celebrations of generosity on social media have helped turn an idea into a global happening in just six years.

The day was created in 2012 by the community center 92nd Street Y in New York and the United Nations Foundation to counterbalance the glaring consumerism of Thanksgiving weekend — Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.

It has grown from a day that logged $10 million in donations in its first year to one that recorded a whopping $180 million in the United States alone in a 24-hour span last year, according to Givingtuesday.org. People participated in 98 countries across the world.

Washington Post

Northern California Coast
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 28, 2017 01:11PM
Yesterday, I did bite on an email offer I received from Samsung. I bought a new, unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone. Samsung will allow me a $400 credit on my no longer used Samsung Galaxy S7Edge (that I paid $300 for). Because the S7 had been with Sprint, there wasn't much demand for it (Sprint phones can NOT be used on other carriers). The Note 8 will be used on my new T-Mobile Senior plan and will replace the T-Mobile Revvl I purchased. After ~ four years of using a Samsung phone, switching to a different Android phone was annoying. In two (+whatever) years I'll be using the Note 8, it should be a LOT easier to sell an unlocked phone can be used on any carrier.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 28, 2017 03:10PM
Walking down the avenue, I see many, many 55" TV 4K cartons.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: November 28, 2017 11:26PM
Good luck with your Note 8!

I'm on my second brand new Note 8 and it has even more "glitches" than first one. The list of problems grows every day...
... and I love the phone, if only it worked properly.

My first issue was the "screen time out" setting. The default was 15 seconds, but that was way too short. I set it for 5 minutes (this is where my first issue began). A short time later the screen was darkening almost immediately and when I checked I found that the setting had reverted to 15 seconds. I called both Verizon and Samsung tech support and it seemed that they both were baffled. I finally became disgusted and arranged to have the phone replaced. Another disappointment! They sent me a refurbished and this was within a few weeks of buying the new phone.

I protested and a helpful manager at the local Verizon company store was able to switch out my phone for another brand new one. Guess what! The new phone has so many more problems that I wish I could go back to the first one.

I'm going to have surgery tomorrow, so I won't post the long list of problems that I have encountered. I will check back with you to see how your Note 8 is doing. I had begun to make an association with the Note 7's history.

Let me leave you with the thought that I would be thrilled with this phone if I could get one that was working properly. It is really the nicest phone I have ever had. With all the problems, I love how fast it is, how beautiful the screen is and how long the battery lasts.

testcase, I will check in to see how you made out.

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015